Building a computers

wolfskers89

Beta member
I'm thinking of building computers, but i was wondering about the operating system. I think i want to make more then one computer for the house, but which windows should i get OEM or Retail? Is there restrictions on either of these? can one be installed on more then one computer? Thanks for the Help

I would get OEM because retail can only be installed on 3 computers. after that you need a new key
go OEM

The only difference between OEM and Retail is you get a shinny package with Retail and a LITTLE better support for it. BTW - OEM doesn't mean you can re-install it multiple times and usually it's non-transferable meaning it's tied to that computer, but you will have to read the EULA for details if it is or isn't. Your best choice is to go OEM.

I would get OEM because retail can only be installed on 3 computers. after that you need a new key
go OEM

Uh what? Why would that make OEM better? OEM can only be put on one computer. Retail cannot be put on three computers at the same time. It CAN be uninstalled and reinstalled on others where OEM can't. If you want to install on multiple computers at a time, you need a batch/corporate license and those cost a fair amount of money.

I was about to pull you up too, it is not just a "silly mistake" it is totally incorrect information.

No advice is better than bad advice

;)

sorry about that, I have never actually bought a copy of windows other than 98.
could have forgiven me seeing as im a uber noob at this point

Back
Top Bottom