Bsod...

FenixFan08

In Runtime
I keep getting this and I have no idea what it is from... just wondering if its possible. Could if be because my tv is to big? aka my monitor. I have a 42 inch. Like do my drivers dont support something like that.

In a word - nope, it's nothing to do with the size of your monitor. My PC could be outputting to a 15" thing or a 500" monster, it wouldn't care one bit - in fact it doesn't even know!

It's possible the resolution could have this effect though, if so it's most likely a dodgy graphics card or dodgy drivers. Give us some more to go on - when do the BSODs occur, when did they start, are they a regular thing, what OS are you running, what have you already tried - all that jazz.

All BSOD's I have had, has related to the memory being faulty, or set to the wrong voltage.
I haven't got any for any other reason.

If you go here:
http://www.ramprobe.com/?p=download

The easiest way is probably to download the CD ISO. Use an image burning piece of software like Nero, and burn the image file to a disc.
Shut down the computer and take all but 1 memory sticks out, then start up the computer with the disc in, making sure the CD is set to boot first, and let it run a test. Maybe 2.
Then if that module is fine; shut off and repeat.

If you find any errors on any of the tests, you have found the culprit.

All BSOD's I have had, has related to the memory being faulty, or set to the wrong voltage.
It's a common reason, but not the only one - I've had BSOD's before relating to dodgy drivers, a bad hard drive, a corrupt file system and more!

If you go here:
http://www.ramprobe.com/?p=download

The easiest way is probably to download the CD ISO. Use an image burning piece of software like Nero, and burn the image file to a disc.
Shut down the computer and take all but 1 memory sticks out, then start up the computer with the disc in, making sure the CD is set to boot first, and let it run a test. Maybe 2.
Then if that module is fine; shut off and repeat.

If you find any errors on any of the tests, you have found the culprit.
Agreed. For me, it's usually something wrong with the memory. I personally like to use UBCD. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Well I was getting it before on my 42inch only once and awhile but I just switched to a 20 inch asus and it hasnt happened. I got a few different bs errors and had to reinstall windows a couple times. I read and read and did find more and more was the memories fault. But it still detects 8 gigs of ram on system. I have 4 sticks of 2gb.

A BSOD can be caused by many things. To narrow it down, we need to know the exact error you're seeing. It will say something like "STOP 0x0000000A" and it may even say what device is causing the problem at the top of the blue screen.

Back
Top Bottom