Booting issues

Serani1

Baseband Member
I recently attempted to install some distros of linux on my xp box. I tried fedora, redhat and mandrake and they all were working fine until I tried fully installing fedora, it wiped my previous xp partition as it wasn't allowing me to dual boot. But now when I try to install Fedora, Mandrake or Red Hat it says :

input/out error during read on /dev/hda

And is having all sorts of bootloader problems..

Well, I am new at partitioning so I let it do it automatically, but now it has wiped xp fully is it is not formatted, I called my PC distro and they won't send another copy of XP without a fee (I am still trying on them) but I am trying to just make an only Linux partition, but being that it isn't formatted at all it isn't letting me for some reason.

if I ever get problems like that with partitioning etc... I just completly wipe the disk and start over.

to do a low-level format create a DOS boot-floppy and put the Active@ killdisk trial on it then just follow the instructions to format.
I have never had any probs installing linux to a blank disk.

just create a swap partition and a linux native partition and you can install (it's easy really)

Ok its been fully formatted and I tried installing DOS but when I inserted the diskette it said :

Disk I/O error,
Rplace the disk, and then press any key

It was with MS-DOS 6.2

Back
Top Bottom