boot files not on c:/

so, when booting with only sata#1, i get a boot error. when booting with only sata #3 it asks me to insert the install media to make repairs. the only way i am able to boot, is with both sata#1 and sata#3. the only other combination that works is when i add in another drive, so sata #1 and #3 must be plugged in to boot without error.

ipwn, the only option i found in bios is the ahci and it's already set. I'm going to update my bios to the latest version. it's a new board and i've already updated once. maybe there are some new settings...

ok, nothing new after flashing the updated bios.

when booting with sata #1, error is with bootmgr file: boot/bcd

It's very weird because I have never seen this situation before. There's no way to combine two HDD/SSD to boot together. It must be something else.

Tried to plug the HDD in SATA #3 to the #1 position and boot it again?

Also, can you tell me the exact error message when you boot the SSD alone?

originally, i was getting this error message: 0xc000000f boot config date missing or contains errors, file\boot\bcd. however, after switching the sata cables i can no longer reproduce it, even switching the ssd back to sata #1 and the hdd back to sata#3. now i'm getting a new error code 0xc0000605 windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe and then says to insert install media. this now happens whenever i try to boot to the ssd. no mater what sata outlet i plug it into.

So, i should have listened to ipwn. I reinstalled last night. looks like a boot partition was removed somehow, and the computer was using the old boot partition (mbr?) on the hdd to start the boot process. Things are going smoothly now and i can boot in like 10-15 seconds again without jamming on f8 at post...

Only downside is that now i'm fighting with getting windows reactivated. msft said it should be an automated process, but of course, it's not.

Only downside is that now i'm fighting with getting windows reactivated. msft said it should be an automated process, but of course, it's not.

Use the phone system. It's all automated and you'll provide an installation ID, then it will think for about 10 seconds, ask if it's installed on anything else, think for another 10 seconds and give you an activation ID.

lol tried that, also tried like 4 other legal means to activate it. i won't go on a diatribe about drm only hurting people who have legit licenses, and i wont get into the specifics, but the less than legal ways were sooooo much faster/easier than dealing with microsoft...

originally, i was getting this error message: 0xc000000f boot config date missing or contains errors, file\boot\bcd. however, after switching the sata cables i can no longer reproduce it, even switching the ssd back to sata #1 and the hdd back to sata#3. now i'm getting a new error code 0xc0000605 windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe and then says to insert install media. this now happens whenever i try to boot to the ssd. no mater what sata outlet i plug it into.

If you still getting the 0xc0000605, then try these ways:

https://usefulpcguide.com/18771/fix-0xc000000f-windows-booting-error/

nope, not having the issues since i reinstalled. also, my gpu seems to be working properly as well.

lol tried that, also tried like 4 other legal means to activate it.
What version of Windows are you running? I found (magically) Windows 10 remembers to be activated on a clean install based on your hardware. - Tested on new HDD, changing other parts fails. Just leave out product key on install.

If in doubt, after phone activation (Crap that didn't work for you, usually plays ball) or phone up support. If you play dumb to a nice operator i have had my licence reset before within a few minutes.

Con to this: Get a rubbish operator on the phone and you will waste hours of life..

Back
Top Bottom