Boot delay

Sparteh

Solid State Member
Currently I am having problems with computer boot. I left for 1 day and found that my moter had installed somekind pc optimizing software. Now every time I boot I get delay. I get welcome screen, then about after 1 min it starts to show my dekstop and 2-3 mins later icons appear.

Now about what I have tried:
1. Run pc scan wth antivirus.
2. Used check disk
3. system restore.
4. Tried disabling all not needed software
5. uninstalled everything that I never/rarely used.

I also tried disabling not needed services. I found that 1 of my microsoft services is causing this (still not shure which one). I disabled all services and problem was solver, but when I disabled other than miscrosoft services it didnt help me. Currently I am testing which one causes it.

But anyway how can I fix it? If I just find and disable that servise I might lose functions I need? I am dont know much of pc so explanations would be nice

The only thing I recommend now is a clean installation. You have already tried everything that most technicians try.

The PC optimizer program is scanning the system at boot up. Get rid of it. After that run a good reg cleaner and that should clear it up.
I hate those things. They're a joke...

No need for a clean reinstallation just yet.

Did you check msconfig for start up services?

Do you have a HijackThis log? (Do not use the fix function just yet.)

I found what was causing it. It was shell hardware detection service. I disabled it and it worked. Problem is (if I understand correcly) is that this service is needed for autoplay devices. Any idea how to fix it.

Ps. I runned those programs you listed earlier (cleaner, registry clean, defrag, find junk files and deleted everything it found)

Back
Top Bottom