Automatic backup

Kage

Golden Master
I just got in the post today, the WD 500GB Essential Book portable hard drive I ordered.

All well and good, but the software that is meant to back up your data automatically that comes with it, is crap.

It doesn't let you define what to back up, and where the back up places are. It just does a quick search, and finds music, movies, others, etc and backs them up, and puts them in a very odd data structure.

So if I wanted it to automatically do backing up, that program wouldn't be any use...

Any programs that are free/relatively cheap that would work well with a portable drive, backing up folders automatically that are changed, when I connect the drive up every week or so?

Thanks bobelinho, that looks perfect!!! :D

I wonder if it'll remember what to back up though, once the drive is connected, because I don't really want to have the external drive connected at all times.

EDIT:

It says it needs Microsoft Server, and I don't feel like installing another program a long side it, so didn't accept the EULA

EDIT 2:

IdleBackup from the same location is working perfectly; syncing all my files right now :D

Back
Top Bottom