64 bit vs 32 bit

justinups

In Runtime
what are the differences between win xp 64 bit and 32 bit windows.

i know 64 bit can take a lot more ram and 64 bit gets hit by less viruses.

what type of hardware do you need to run 64 bit.

i have never worked with it and i want to try it out and don't want to waste a lot of money doing it.

The main requirement hardware wise is a 64 bit processor, driver support in vista is very good for most hardware for the last few years. I didn't have any issues with my ultimate install on my gaming system.

Be aware though that XP 64-bit has been notorious for having driver incompatibility issues. It would be wiser to use a 64-bit version of Vista if your hardware can support it. (Just remember you need a 64-bit processor.)

well i have XP 64bit running on my gaming rig which i built in August...and i haven't had any driver issues yet.

well when you can pay 42$ for it and it be dual socket your doing good i think. i am just having a little trouble finding the proccesers for it i found a few on ebay i might go with.i dont have the link here with me.

You may be saving on the motherboard, but you are gonna pay out the ass for two socket F/1207 CPU's. You'd be better off building a quad-core system. Not to mention that it'll only take ECC memory, limiting your options for RAM.

Back
Top Bottom