Invisible AIM users

warich19

Beta member
I love the invisible feature on the new version of AIM, but I hypocritically want to know when one of my friends is on and just invisible. Is there any way to know this besides IMing them from the offline list. Is there no software for this or am I going to have to write my own?

im new at this so forgive me, but.... couldnt aim invader 9.8 tell you if a user is online (in the im control window theres a user info option that states if hes online or not). just a thought, probably wrong....

Yeah - sounds like a good idea; I don't have AIM so I didn't even know it had an invisible mode but it sounds like a good idea. It may work. Doesn't hurt to try!

yes there is a way to tell...when they are invisible, there info still shows up when you click on their name under the offline list....if they are not invisb;e and just offline then it says Buddy Info for _____ is not available

Lord Kalthorn said:
Well, thats wierd! Doesn't make any sense that while being Invisible it is possible to see whether that person is on.

It's true. Also - check another users Profile, then enter your friends in the little drop down bit. Their profile also shows up. Another one - when they come back online from Invisible Mode, keep your little arrow over their name - isntead of saying "X has been online for 1 minute", it'll say how long they've really been online. Stupid, no?

Back
Top Bottom