Help!

Lynda

Beta member
Can anyone figure out why, after always being able to access sites like Target.com, I can no longer do that? I have a LAN (cable modem) set up in my home with 4 computers connected to it. None of the computers are able to access this site (or some others like it, such as Sears). It's very mysterious to me. I did have some problems with one of my computers and reloaded Windows a few weeks ago, but this doesn't seem as if it should have any bearing on all of the whole system. Any help will be appreciated.

Lynda

Try rebooting the router (if used in your network). I had a very similar problem a few days ago. I couldn't access this site and a couple other sites, but I can access everything else. I rebooted my wireless router and I can get on again.

Thanks, TDCorolla

Thanks, TRDCorolla. I did as you suggested - rebooted the router. No change. Finally went to LinkSys site and downloaded firmware update for the router. Rebooted and has been ok since. Hopefully this will keep it running for awhile! Thanks again. Lynda

I had a bad experience with upgrading the firmware on my D-Link wireless router (which is why I have a Linksys now) and screwed it up beyond repair. It even generated an error window telling my that the upgraded firmware resulted in the corruption of the router and could not be fixed or something like that. I threw it out. That was too bad...What a waste of $20. But I'm glad it worked out for you though.

Back
Top Bottom