yet another infringement on privacy...

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
yup, the US government has passed another law infringing on peoples privacy, and can now record telephone calls and record emails without a warrant from overseas, to and from the US....

surprise surprise another law passed under the guise of national secuirty and to combat the "terrorist threat" :rolleyes:

Read Here

yup, the US government has passed another law infringing on peoples privacy, and can now record telephone calls and record emails without a warrant from overseas, to and from the US....

surprise surprise another law passed under the guise of national secuirty and to combat the "terrorist threat" :rolleyes:

Read Here
Well there's a big dispute going on in Britain at the moment & it's a tricky one, a lawyer was in a prison interviewing an Muslim inmate & part of their conversation was tapped & listened to by a prison officer, I once worked in a prison & I know this can happen, it's perfectly legal within the Prison Service as is the fact that inmates conversations via a payphone to persons outside the prison are tapped as well.

i dont see why people have such a problem with this, i really dont, and frankly it makes me mad when people get frustrated about their "privacy" being infringed upon, would you rather have somebody read your harmless email? or have terrorist attacks?? seriously, deal with it, if you're not saying anything bad, dont worry about it

Inmates phone calls being tapped I can fully understand, the officers must keep tabs on what they are up to, as this could have bearing on any up and coming parole, but tapping common folk is going to far, what ever happend to privacy these days

If you haven't got anything to hide don't worry about it. I'd rather that and they catch the terrorists rather than them blowing me up/loved ones.

If you haven't got anything to hide don't worry about it. I'd rather that and they catch the terrorists rather than them blowing me up/loved ones.

im coming to both of your houses tonight and im going to stand in the corner of the room and listen/watch your conversations with whoever. theres nothing you can do about it and its going to happen because of the "off chance" that you may be talking about something that i dont like. i havce no proabable cause to suspect you of anything and youve never meet me before that doesnt matter as im the state and i can do what the hell i like

There's a difference between what you're going to do and what the they're going to do Fisher. What you're going to do will be for no good reason at all. What they're going to do may help catch terrorists.

Ah... I'm already uncomfortable on phones without someone listening in too.
I'd give up phones altogether.
I have nervous issues when it comes to phone calls, and answering them, especially.

I have nothing to hide, but in principle why should the US be allowed to monitor private communications at all? They've brought out so many laws that are "to combat the threat of terrorism" and yet how many attacks/close calls have there been? YET the "threat" level is still very high? hmmmm...

Yes they have good security, i don't trust the US government for many reasons and i fail to se why they should have the right to announce such laws without the consent of other countries.

Back
Top Bottom