Yet again

Brookfield

Golden Master
Yesterday, a one year old boy was killed by a Rottweiller in the backyard of a relative's home in the boy's home town of Wakefield, around 3pm, he died later in hospital about 9 in the evening, at the time, someone managed to make the dog let go, then it was shot dead by a police officer.
This is the third child to be killed in England in the last 12 months, there was a five year old girl & a baby a few months old that was attacked in it's cot, now I fully understand the members who own dogs & I loved the pics of their dogs last time, I really did, unfortunately I still don't know the answer, & sadly I predict it will happen again in 2008.

in melbourne australia a 9 week old baby was mauled to death sleeping in its cot by a rottweiller just yesterday. Put the mother or grandparents or whoever was minding it up on a murder charge or manslaughter at the very least I reckon. Strangely enough it was such a gentle dog that wouldn't hurt a fly..yeah right. Fucking idiots. Whether they think it is gentle or not ..whether they have had any problems with it before or not ..a rottweiler should not have access to a sleeping child like that.

A NEWBORN girl whose father is in hospital being treated for a brain tumour was mauled to death by the family's rottweiler dog at their Melbourne home.

A team of paramedics tried to resuscitate the nine-week-old girl for more than 90 minutes yesterday but she died before they could take her to hospital.

The baby's mother, who ran the infant to her next-door neighbour to get help, travelled to a Melbourne hospital last night to break the news to her husband.

Acting Inspector Trevor Teer said emergency services had been called to the Stokes Green home about 1.15pm after the dog, one of two rottweilers at the property, dragged the baby from her cot.

"The family is absolutely devastated. The mother is devastated … It was her first baby" he said.

He said the mother was being cared for by her parents last night. Neighbours said the grandparents may have been minding the infant when the dog attacked.

wow this sucks.
i know its hard, but owners should take more care, if they cant handle such a dog then they shouldnt have got one. this is not a situation you can mess about with, especially with children about!

This is so typical of this breed of dog, when will the government see this for what it is A WILD ANIMAL, please don't reply to this with the usual crap of,its the owners fault, its how its trained and all, this is a notorious breed of dog for aggressive behavior, it should be banned, no matter what the percentage of attacks,low or high it should be banned from pet ownership.
I only hope now that parents especially will think not twice but as many times as it takes to realize this breed is not a pet, no matter how cute it looks.(and thats a matter of opinion).

rotties make great pets if they are trained to be so, it really does go down to how well the dog is trained, and how the owner has treated it. ive dealt with rotties down the sanctuary many times, with no problems whatsoever.. and ive seen alot when walking, and they are friendly animals..

rotties make great pets if they are trained to be so, it really does go down to how well the dog is trained, and how the owner has treated it. ive dealt with rotties down the sanctuary many times, with no problems whatsoever.. and ive seen alot when walking, and they are friendly animals..

I know what your saying Mark but try telling that to the victims families

This is so typical of this breed of dog, when will the government see this for what it is A WILD ANIMAL, please don't reply to this with the usual crap of,its the owners fault, its how its trained and all, this is a notorious breed of dog for aggressive behavior, it should be banned, no matter what the percentage of attacks,low or high it should be banned from pet ownership.
I only hope now that parents especially will think not twice but as many times as it takes to realize this breed is not a pet, no matter how cute it looks.(and thats a matter of opinion).
I'm now watching the BBC news, we are being shown photos of the baby boy [taken from the family album], it is now known that a seven year old girl carried him into the yard to see the dog, the 10 stone animal climbed a 6' fence, grabbed the baby from the girl's arms, seriously wounding him, I'm making no comment on the size or temperament of any dog, a while back a Jack Russell killed a child of three, & it was over in seconds, some of these dogs are trained to catch rabbits, [Mark will tell you that, he's had several dogs, & not one has ever shown aggression towards him] when they catch the rabbit they go for the throat for a quick "merciful" kill, only this time it was a wee boy.

yes, i agree, that rottweiler breed has "being aggressive" in their genes, but if the owner doesnt bring that behaviour out in them while they are young, the dog will not learn to use it and will be just normal

Back
Top Bottom