Yay i get to stay home!

I have off today too. :D We never used our weather day, so we just decided to extend the weekend by using it today.

allenn812 said:
No school for me!, my mom agreed to let me stay home today. Even though she lets me stay home all the time, ( as long as i maintain an A/B in all my classes) theres something about staying home today thats really got me happy! Probably the fact i went to bed at 3 and i wake for school at 6!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truancy

You should be in school. Why deliberately waste valuable educational time when you could be learning something? Be advised that truancy is illegal in the UK and South Korea.

Those days in school were paid for by the taxpayer, wasting them without good reason is cheating the taxpayer and cheating yourself if you don't educate yourself in the interim period.

Sorry, but it had to be said. It's irresponsible for your parents to let you skip school because of good grades, what if you miss something important and your grades drop? Whose fault is that?

UK31337 said:

You should be in school. Why deliberately waste valuable educational time when you could be learning something? Be advised that truancy is illegal in the UK and South Korea.

Those days in school were paid for by the taxpayer, wasting them without good reason is cheating the taxpayer and cheating yourself if you don't educate yourself in the interim period.

Sorry, but it had to be said. It's irresponsible for your parents to let you skip school because of good grades, what if you miss something important and your grades drop? Whose fault is that?

very well put, there are many other people out there that would jump at the chance to have your opportunity and be able to go to school and get an education, not only is it illegal in the UK and korea but also is it in the US, just wait till you get a letter from the state of illinois telling you that you will have to repeat your grade, it almost happened to me but i had a reason due to a lung problem, and no im not 30 and telling you this, im 15 just telling you how it is, its illegal and can make you repeat a grade, i ill advise doing this again...

oh and one more thing, it makes your teacher's not trust you

EDIT: im not trying to sound like an asshole by any means, im just letting you know, that would majorly suck to have to redo a grade... ;) didnt mean anything offensive or demeaning by this post

UK31337 said:

thats taking it a bit too far lol. having a day off once in a while wont hurt any body, and might even do you some good

AmericanSensei said:
I get to stay home today as well! Had to tap into the sick time today.=( Good thing is I still get paid.

hey i saw on your location police car, does that mean your a cop?? pretty sweet if ya are

i have major respect for you guys, doing what you do for so little pay, pisses me off that the most important and dangerous jobs I.E. police officers, military, fireman, AMR are so underpaid, really wish that would change...

The moneys decent, Especially for a single man, So I'm living well.. I agree with you though, But most of us that are in our positions are not in it for the money, rather the satisfaction, and passion we have for the job. I knew that before I went into Law Enforcement that It's not the highest paying job, that I may end up dying trying to save someone else life, and that the minute I get into my squad car I'm a target. I've found my "passion", I've found where my heart belongs, and that is on the streets trying to better Los Angeles.

That is one thing I would like to tell each and every one of you, Follow your "heart" when it comes to a career..Find what makes you "happy." If I was given the option to be an owner of a Company making 3 million dollars a year, or be a cop who makes 65k a year, What would I do? Without question, I'd take LE. I LOVE waking up every morning "anxious" to get back out on the street, Unfortunately I can't say the same for some friends of mine who make a quarter mill a year.

Back
Top Bottom