Ya Baby - Oblivion

Oh yeah, the Shrouded Armor and Hood are neat. I kinda like the Black Hand hood more. Looks more badass. :p

alvino said:
Oh yeah, the Shrouded Armor and Hood are neat. I kinda like the Black Hand hood more. Looks more badass. :p

Sounds like something you get later on. I'll have to get that.

You know what Oblivion is missing? Throwing stars/kinves. That would be sweet to stick someone in the neck with a knife from twenty yards back.

HAH. That reminded me of a story.

I completed the Arena, and I left and went to the Waterfront, and a kid was there and it said 'Adoring Fan' so I told him to wait there, and I went behind him, took out my sword, and dropped him where he stood. I then took his 13 gold and walked away. Ah, that sweet.

But it's way past my bedtime, so I'll catch you guys later. Nighty night.

ArrizX said:
Lol, my friend bought it, and I used his extra trial cd key.. I played for about an hour.. then stopped.. because I just knew that if I didn't it would get a ways in.. then have the trial run out.. and i'd be like F*&(#$&*(@*&$#@&$@#!@!

I need to go buy it :p

I've played that game for i think only a total of 17 hours off my 360. defiantly a big game, the map, plots, anything and everything. its amazing how picking up a random bottle in some random part of the map can be a new conquest for you. just shows how much work is really put into the game. plus the graphics are outstanding.

N_350Z said:
Sounds like something you get later on. I'll have to get that.

You know what Oblivion is missing? Throwing stars/kinves. That would be sweet to stick someone in the neck with a knife from twenty yards back.

HAH. That reminded me of a story.

I completed the Arena, and I left and went to the Waterfront, and a kid was there and it said 'Adoring Fan' so I told him to wait there, and I went behind him, took out my sword, and dropped him where he stood. I then took his 13 gold and walked away. Ah, that sweet.

But it's way past my bedtime, so I'll catch you guys later. Nighty night.

Nah, I think throwing knives/daggers just makes it seem...not Elder Scrolls like. It's like having Halo 3 be like Gears of War with a similar cover system. It just totally detracts from what Halo was founded with.

Yeah, I remember him. I just told him to stand in some dark corner of the Arena area and wait. I remember I killed him by the Waterfront before, but for some weird reason he just came back and showed up again. So I just told him to stand there forever. :p He's so useless. I would rather be the Archmage of the Mages Guild and have an Apprentice follow me around instead. At least he can use spells or whatnot. OOH! Or better yet, wait for the Dark Brotherhood to recover after it's near implosion and have a fellow Murderer follow you around as the Black Hand Listener. :D He's so awesome...he can even conceal himself with a chameleon spell, or you can order him to trail you or just follow you. :D

What I wish was that they had some other forms of transportation OTHER than walking/running or horses. Maybe a cart? Wagon? That would be kinda cool and it would certainly add depth to the world of Tamriel.

N_350Z said:
2GB RAM
Pentium D...204?
Nvida 6200 GS

I've got alot of the pretty graphical effects turned off/way down, but I still like it.

I heard that if you tweak the .ini file you can have Oblivion take advantage of Dual Core setups, anyone know how?

Also, can anybody give me a rough estimate on the size of mods/patches? I want to download a couple, but I'm on 56K.
6200GS, didn't think they game would work on that. Does it still run and look ok?

My internet was out over the weekend, so I decided to pick it up since I couldn't play any online games. I agree with you 100%. I've really been more of a FPS kinda guy, but this game is amazing. I can easily spend hours playing (and make no progress).

I got like 6 hours put into it so far and I'm level 4. I'm Champion for the Arena competition, and I'm in the Black Hand and the Thieves guilds. I don't know my rank in the thieves guild, but I'm at the point where the Gray Fox is giving me missions and I have like 1000 gold of loot. I haven't even started the main storyline because I like the guilds so much.

I also heard that there's about 1,000 total hours of gameplay and 100 in the main story. Is that true?

sounds like a fun game, does is there a membership cost? an dya guild wars is cool, i have like 450 hours logged which isn't even a lot compared to others, but ot me its pretty impressive :)

No membership - it's not online, it's single player.
It got a 9.3 on gamespot and this is the description:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is simply one of the best role-playing games ever made.

Supposably in one of the Dark Brotherhood missions u have to kill the Grey fox..is that true for those of you that have beaten the game? ive beaten it..but didnt have to kill him.

Back
Top Bottom