XBOX2 vs PS2 vs Revolution

Never really got the chance to play PS2 that much, but i have had a chance to play GameCube, it did not impress me at all, it kind of made me mad, the only game i think might save it it super smash bros

xbox is such a crap system the only reason why people think it's better is because most people have one. The only good game they have is halo and halo2 all the other playstation has too. the PS3 will have more exclusive games because they have more game rights over rockstar one of the biggest game producers and have got rid of their old technology. u still have to pay for online on xbox and plastation is free. PS3 probably won't have a hard drive but the memory cards will be much bigger and have room for a least 60 games (or so i've heard). playstation will get my vote

People think that the XBOX 2 is going to be better than the PS3 because the Xbox 1 was better then the PS2. The only reason it was better was because it was released after PS2 and had more time to better itself, now they are all neck and neck. So if Microsoft are fitting there machines with all next Gen gear you can be sure that Sony will be doing that to.

To be fair i think The PSP will be amazing and will be more playable then the ps2 and xbox, it may not have better graphics or stuff but its a smart little portable tool (lol).

I am getting the new PSP of ebay.co.uk in about 1 day or 2 day.

The Gameboy was never more successful than a normal console; Laptops are never more successful than desktops. You'll see more peolpe playing them of course but in the end very few people who have a PSP will not have a Console, at least one, and a great number of people who have a console will not have a PSP.

NOFX said:
People think that the XBOX 2 is going to be better than the PS3 because the Xbox 1 was better then the PS2. The only reason it was better was because it was released after PS2 and had more time to better itself, now they are all neck and neck. So if Microsoft are fitting there machines with all next Gen gear you can be sure that Sony will be doing that to.
Hmmmm... perhaps. But that was Microsoft's first Console; you have to take that into consideration too. If its first attempt beat the Playstation before, even with a year or so's lead; what with Longhorn Technology and DirectX 10? With XBox Live! still growing as fast as ever; I don't think the Playstation's release this time will be as unencumbered as it was last time against the 'GameCube'. XBox sold 15Million+ XBoxes in 2003, Playstation sold 56 Million, GameCube barely sold 6Million. Its interesting - even considering the price difference through most of 2003 and into 2004.

PS3 is going to own the crap out of xbox 2 and revolution. Number one, nintendo sucks now, they have lost most of their fanbase and continue to put out crappy kiddy games, all their hope is in the gameboys which is prolly gonna lose sales now that PSP is out, so you can pretty much put them out of the picture. As for xbox, that system is a joke. The only reason so many people feel xbox is better is because of the hardware, how much more powerful it is (even though it was made like what 2 years after PS2), but PS2 still dominates in sales and has waaay better games. Microsoft forgot what the most important thing about a game system is and that's the GAMES. PS2 may not have better graphics (although some of the screens from GT4 beg to differ), but the game library is so overpowering that that you forget xbox even exists. XBOX had like what 5 or 6 amazing titles and then just a bunch of lackluster, garbage titles that like 3 people bought. They had their Halo, and their Morrowind, and their Ninja Gaiden, but on top of all that, PS2 had GTA, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X (millions of other RPG's that I could list), Tekken series, God of War, Metal Gear series, the list could go on. So basically what I'm saying is that this time around, the hardware from each of these two systems is gonna either be equal or PS2 will dominate with their game library again. Actually PS2 will prolly have a better game library AND better hardware and graphics now with the addition of this thing called Cell which is supposed to be this big breakthrough in the console world. I think you can all expect to see PS3 at the top of the sales charts when these systems come out and a nice and shiny one next to my TV. ;)

winterfreshpwnz said:
PS3 is going to own the crap out of xbox 2 and revolution. Number one, nintendo sucks now, they have lost most of their fanbase and continue to put out crappy kiddy games, all their hope is in the gameboys which is prolly gonna lose sales now that PSP is out, so you can pretty much put them out of the picture. As for xbox, that system is a joke. The only reason so many people feel xbox is better is because of the hardware, how much more powerful it is (even though it was made like what 2 years after PS2), but PS2 still dominates in sales and has waaay better games.
The tech is what its about basically; especially in this Generation of Consoles where the Console is not just a Games Console; its an Entertainment System. Games are more important though, but the Tech is highly important and Nintendo just don't know anything about it - which is why GameCube was a flop. We all need the games for the Consoles though. But that's a time thing - with Xenon Microsoft will have as many great games as Playstation 3 - and in time the smaller games will popup. Many game companies not working with Microsoft on the XBox have slowly moved up to make games available for it; and Microsoft continue making a huge number of games the Playstation will just never have.

winterfreshpwnz said:
Microsoft forgot what the most important thing about a game system is and that's the GAMES. PS2 may not have better graphics (although some of the screens from GT4 beg to differ), but the game library is so overpowering that that you forget xbox even exists. XBOX had like what 5 or 6 amazing titles and then just a bunch of lackluster, garbage titles that like 3 people bought. They had their Halo, and their Morrowind, and their Ninja Gaiden, but on top of all that, PS2 had GTA, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X (millions of other RPG's that I could list), Tekken series, God of War, Metal Gear series, the list could go on.
The new Morrowind should be out in time for the Xenon; and the controls and power of the Xenon over the Playstation will make for the experience of such a powerful game, ideally suited more to a Computer. Especially where controls are concerned.

winterfreshpwnz said:
So basically what I'm saying is that this time around, the hardware from each of these two systems is gonna either be equal or PS2 will dominate with their game library again. Actually PS2 will prolly have a better game library AND better hardware and graphics now with the addition of this thing called Cell which is supposed to be this big breakthrough in the console world. I think you can all expect to see PS3 at the top of the sales charts when these systems come out and a nice and shiny one next to my TV. ;)
Cell is a reasonable breakthrough; but Microsoft don't need to make as much profit from Xenon as Sony need to make from Playstation 3 - and in the end the Cell has 9 Cores in 3 Processors, the Xenon has 12 in 3. The Cell only becomes a breakthrough when you consider its Multi-Processor and Connectivity Powers, which aren't taken advantage of because of budgetting.

Like I said, the hardware isn't that big of a deal anyway cuz even when xbox had better hardware, PS2 still had better games and this time aorund, the hardware difference will be minimal, meaning that only games will come into play, and IMO, PS3 will have even better games than PS2. But in the end, I don't really don't care, a system is a system, a computer is a computer, it's all bragging rights for the most part, each one has pros over cons and it really doesn't matter which is best cuz they're all great and give us a form of entertainment. Besides, I'm sure the PS3 will be sexier than the xbox 2. ;)

Back
Top Bottom