WTF is wrong with CF?

Sorry Kage but I don't agree...it's always been like this...

there has always been members here who do nothing but get off on flaming...it's the main reason I have never bothered to do anything but lurk ( with the occasional post )...

I'm twice as old as most people here...I'm a grandfather of three...I can't be bothered playing schoolyard pissin' matches.

when I first joined it looked like a bunch of 12 year olds arguing over who's is bigger. ;)

I love your attitude. heheh.

Personally, I like face punch. You only get banned for typing poorly if you do it for too long, aka you get too "stupid". Theres a smartness meter lol.

My main concerns is the fact that old habits are gone. I would like them back. Heck, in these times, I thought David's posts were machine made!

Anyways, it's the old habits we're missing. Harmony.

Today though, my REAL concern would be bad grammar. "U shuldnt rite lik this" That stuff I just despise, and if the user starts a thread and it's too complicated to read, I SKIP.

Oh man, I have to say that I was one of those people that caused a thread to go out of whack several times in the past. I've had my fair share of name calling, bad mouthing, etc. But, I don't let it go on. I may defend myself in a post or two, then bam....that's it. I'm out. You see this all the time on forums and it's actually quite common. Every forum I've been on has flame wars, or someone getting out of control over an argument. I guess it's just in human nature. With the Internet, it's harder.

It's kind of like in real life. If someone made an argument against you, you want to defend yourself and back it up somehow, one way or the other. I don't like people pushing me around but on the Internet, there's nothing you can do but start flaming and name calling.

Then there comes a point where you just have to stop. I've been fortunate to keep that cool even though I've sputtered quite a bit in a couple of replies, even recently. But, I just ignore it(realizing that it gets pointless) and let it slide. I don't let it go on and on and on and on.

I love your attitude. heheh.

No sense beating around the bush...eh ;)

ISOwner said:
Then there comes a point where you just have to stop.

You'll stop when you realize that ' Big Bad Biker Joe ' who likes to flame and make noise is really a 12 year old pimple-faced girl or a 98 pound weakling and this is the only venue they can come across as tough in their life.

ISOwner said:
(realizing that it gets pointless)

It IS pointless. ;)

I don't put up with it at my place. Of course over there we cater to the more mature crowd.
But if some you recall those rules were written by me and have been altered and edited over time. I used to mod here and things went fairly well but when it came time to put the hammer down every one respected that.
Remember what I used to tell you guys?
"If you have nothing useful to say, say nothing. Click, click and move on." And the other one,
"If you don't settle down you're not going to like what happens next. I assure you."
Worked then. Should work now.
On another note. You guys are forgetting that this forum is seen, like mine, all around the world. By a large cross section of ages and both genders. You may thing it's all cool and good to swear and act like a repugnant child but others don't like it.
Stop and think before you post. It'll save you a lot of grief and embarrassment later...

See? Someone that actually makes sense. This ain't a forum that you'll have private matters in. Okay, you'll have a flame war and that war can be seen everywhere, and that's what you don't want.

I've seen lots of posts that are useless, but let's face it, all members had a couple of useless posts, and I'm not out of the bag, but I think some exagerates. Like I said, I personally don't care...but grammar, heck yes sir.

Once again Setishock steps in with some very cool advice, & once again I strongly urge the members who may have thought to carry on disrupting threads [a very small minority, I'm glad to say!] to forget it, you'll only bring grief on yourselves.

Once again Setishock steps in with some very cool advice, & once again I strongly urge the members who may have thought to carry on disrupting threads [a very small minority, I'm glad to say!] to forget it, you'll only bring grief on yourselves.
yep, thats something we should all try and do :)

yep, thats something we should all try and do :)
Glad you agree, you're definitely not one of those who go out of their way to disrupt threads! [+1 rep]
victory.gif

thanks for the +1 :)
5 bars is looking promising.
sometimes i give my opinion in a thread if theres an argument, and i do my best to try and calm it down. i never cause trouble .... well maybe sometimes :p
ive noticed now that posts seem to be more readable, and maturity levels have increased. i dunno though, maybe its just me.
i still use the odd "slang" word but im not perfect, and dont want to be

Back
Top Bottom