Worth it?

jon2231

Daemon Poster
Do you think this system is worth 250 shipped?

Standard E-machines Case w/ 300w PSU
AMD XP 2400+ w/ Stock AMD Heatsink
768MB Ram
ATI 9700 Pro
FIC AM37L Motherboard
Two (2) Western Digital 80GB w/ 8MB Cache for a total of 160GB
Optical Drive 1: 16X DVD / 48X CD JVC Lite-On IT XJ-HD166S
Optical Drive 2: 48x / 24x / 48x Samsung SW-248F
Mitsumi Floppy Drive
PCI Archtek Modem
6 USB Ports including a front module with USB and headphone jack

Hell...ummmm...ok 2 weeks ago, i had an AMD Sperom 2200+, ati radeon 9600, one gig ram....2 cd rom drivers...1 40 gig hdd....8 usb ports....same modem....350 dollars. could have got 400.

250 for both the system and the shipping cost? Hmm... I suppose it might be. That isn't too bad of a computer.

Crabby... said:
Now a days. No, it is not worth it at all. I mean, that computer is basically internet browser and email checker...can't really do much else.
uhh.. it has a 2400+ athlon xp, 768 megs of ram, and a radeon 9700... that thing is fully capable of playing games.. i've played fine on worse computers. For a gamer on a very (and I mean VERY) tight budget, this sort of system would be excellent.

I'd pay $250 for it if I didn't already have my newest computer. Should be able to play most games at low/low-mid settings, plus has a ton of space for that price.

Crabby... said:
Now a days. No, it is not worth it at all. I mean, that computer is basically internet browser and email checker...can't really do much else.

I have a HP Vectra running a P3, and it works perfectly fine. I could run Photoshop 7 on it without any problems. I could think up 9 things to do with an old computer.

i played cs 1.6 on a 366mhz emachine 64mb ram and onboard video..
that machine is capable of playing lots of games..
i'd do it for 250, it really isn't too bad of a computer.

Back
Top Bottom