World Cup!!

Well Trinidad just tied Sweden. That was an awesome game. No goals but it was really intense ecspecially towards the end when they only had 10 men.

In the paper today, a report said that a German from Frankfurt found 800 World Cup tickets worth £78,000, in the street, they were in a sealed packet, he handed them over to the police & left, without giving his name, the police are trying to track the owners, the tickets appear to be authentic.

In another report, The British Embassy in Berlin has refused to fly the St George's flag, shame on them, I say, one MP said it was political correctness gone mad, also at Sandhurst, the officer training academy, staff & visitors have also been told that they can't display the flag.

England must be the only country in the world where this could happen, technically they shouldn't be flown from cars, but I see a forest of the flags fluttering, as many as four on one car, & there's the occasional six.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

St georges flag is that flag of england though, not britain...

for the same reasons the queen is flying the union jack, but not St Georges flag as well...

Brookfield said:
England, England, England, we've won the first match, onward, ever onward!
blobfir.gif
Yeah lol but england played better it was auto goal tho hahaha stupid defense :D i cant wait for Mexico Tomorrow!!!! VS iran we def gonna win its their first world cup :D

root said:
St georges flag is that flag of england though, not britain...

for the same reasons the queen is flying the union jack, but not St Georges flag as well...
Correct, & the Queen can't be seen to favour one over the other.

mammikoura said:
well there was one thread like maybe 2 weeks ago.
I don't know if I'll be watching them alot, probably just a few random games and then the semi-finals and finals.
Yeah, I recall noticing a thread like this before.

Go mexico!!! Arriba Mexico Cabrones!!!!!!! My country is about to play in 20 min lets win!!!! :D

Brookfield said:
In the paper today, a report said that a German from Frankfurt found 800 World Cup tickets worth £78,000, in the street, they were in a sealed packet, he handed them over to the police & left, without giving his name, the police are trying to track the owners, the tickets appear to be authentic.

In another report, The British Embassy in Berlin has refused to fly the St George's flag, shame on them, I say, one MP said it was political correctness gone mad, also at Sandhurst, the officer training academy, staff & visitors have also been told that they can't display the flag.

England must be the only country in the world where this could happen, technically they shouldn't be flown from cars, but I see a forest of the flags fluttering, as many as four on one car, & there's the occasional six.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Agreed with again. It wouldn't bother me if the British Embassy flew the St Georges flag, and I'm Scottish. As long as they would had flown both the St Georges and St Andrews if Scotland had made it too.

I find it a bit hypocritical that they are preventing patriotic Englishmen from flying the St Georges flag at Sandhurst yet on the flagship of the fleet, HMS Illustrious, they ordered all the crew (including Scots, Irish and Welsh) to take part in 'England Expects' show on deck the other day to show there support. Not a lot of non-English crew were very happy in being made to and faced disiplinary action if they refused - bang out of order. I'd like to have seen that the other way around. It's the same with our Goverment buildings. The Scottish parliment isn't allowed to fly the Scottish flag unless on special occasions like the Queens birthday and such like - and even then, the Union Flag has to take superiority. A stupid thing, especially as it's one of the main tourist attractions in the city.

Athlo Britain is a nation made of 4 seperate countries (well, 5 if you count the Isle of Man), they should all be able to express there patroism as freely as they want - just not in a way that directly insults another nation, and due to the tender history of our four nations, not in a way that should directly involve the others either.

A very patriotic Scot - 'Moan Germany!

Back
Top Bottom