Woot I got my TV today!!!!

Finally It came!! At the best time to. I'm recording a show so I can't start hooking it up till my shows over lol. Anyways heres a pic in the box. I'll get another one put up just as soon as I get it all hooked up!

TvStillInbox.jpg

Edit in Got her up and running. Only 480P right now. Got my DVD/VCR upscaler set for this friday so hopefully that will improve it. As well gotta get a HD package through Dish network now. Still looks decent in 480P but I know i'm missing out. Sorry for the flash in the TV there but i'm no photographer. Also the camera is tilted as Kage pointed out. The TV is flat lol I just didn't auto center it.

Tvup.jpg

2nd Edit. Got the DVI to HDMI hooked up for the computer to try it out. It does the full 1080P through the HDMI but it still won't upscale the videos so I gotta wait till I get that friday. Looks good though should be nice for gaming at the full 1920X1200.

Computerhookedup.jpg

Very Nice Mattie, But I would surely check that product out first as it looks like they've dropped your box a few times in transport.

Haha excellent :D

I got a 37 inch plasma recently, which is 720p. I could have gone to 42 inches and got 1080p but I didn't bother.

Your bedroom must be massive

Haha excellent :D

I got a 37 inch plasma recently, which is 720p. I could have gone to 42 inches and got 1080p but I didn't bother.

Your bedroom must be massive

Very Nice. You like the plasma?

My bedroom isn't that big actually but its were I spend most of my time since thats were I keep my computer ;)

I did see a nice stand that I may have to pick up. Right now i'm going to set it up on the dresser I have in the corner. I saw a nice stand at Walmart for $199 that has the wall mount bracket built right into the console. I think that would look much better.

It should look alright on the dresser.

Yeah, the Plasma's nice, but ghosting can become a problem at the moment still, where if a bright image has been on, like a logo or something, and the TV's been on a while, it'll have a tendancy to still be there slightly when the screens fully black.

You don't get that on LCD

You mean burn-in? Modern plasmas don't really have a problem with that, assuming it's a decent quality set.

Ghosting is when the image like lags from high response time.

Ah... well, no ghosting in that case, but yeah, I do get some Image Retention, which new plasmas still do get. But, I hopefully won't get any Burn In. Burn in is the type that doesn't go. Image Retention on the other hand fades after a few minutes to a few hours.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new set very much :D

Back
Top Bottom