Windshield Wash Fluid

hascet

Fully Optimized
Why is it that when you put windshield washer fluid in its blue(or whatever color you buy), but when you use it on the windshield its clear?!?!

It actually is still blue, there just isn't enough of it being put on the windshield for you to notice the color.

It actually is still blue, there just isn't enough of it being put on the windshield for you to notice the color.

Dang! I was hoping it wouldn't be that simple...oh well at least I can sleep tonight :p

I once grabbed a bottle of deck cleaner thinking it was windshield washer fluid (hey, same bottle type...), put it in my car, thought it was strange it was clear and thought it was just water until I looked at the bottle...

Well, it did work ok at first, but then it started drying on my windshield which resulted in the windshield wipers sticking and not cleaning the windshield correctly...it was raining that day too and I had to drive somewhere... I'm just brilliant aren't I? :rolleyes:

I later got it out and now I will just use water, I think it works better than deck cleaner anyway... :p

I once grabbed a bottle of deck cleaner thinking it was windshield washer fluid (hey, same bottle type...), put it in my car, thought it was strange it was clear and thought it was just water until I looked at the bottle...

Well, it did work ok at first, but then it started drying on my windshield which resulted in the windshield wipers sticking and not cleaning the windshield correctly...it was raining that day too and I had to drive somewhere... I'm just brilliant aren't I? :rolleyes:

I later got it out and now I will just use water, I think it works better than deck cleaner anyway... :p

You my friend are a genuis.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have another 'genuis' story.

I'm taking this girl out on our first date. Everything is going really well. We went to dinner, and were about to go back to my dorm. I go to look for my keys, can't find them. I try to open the door, but it's locked. I locked my keys in the car and we had to walk back to my place. She was pissed.

However you still got laid?

If the answer is yes, then sir, you are a true man.

don't us water- it could freeze, and that will mess your system. windshield wiper fluid has some isopropyl alcohol in it to lower the freezing point, like radiator fluid.

Back
Top Bottom