Windows 7 Installation Video(s)/Review

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
View original here (with videos!): http://drumsplace.co.cc/?p=154

"Part 1
When you first boot from the DVD, you'll see the ever so popular “Windows is Loading Files” progress bar. After that, you see the AWESOME NEW BOOT SCREEN. This screen should have been the one in Vista.
After that, you are greeted from the Windows 7 installer. The whole process (for now) is exactly like Windows Vista (except for the new blue background).

Part 2
When the installer is done doing it's thing, your computer will restart. If you already have Vista installed on another hard drive or another partition, the installer will automatically add an entry into the BCD and will let you boot to either W7 or Vista, which is pretty nice.
Damn the new boot screen is awesome :). It will also give you the progress of the setup while still at the boot screen instead of going to a totally different screen.
When that is done, it will go back to the installer to finish up a few more things.

Part 3
When that's done, it will restart once more. Like before, it will give you some progress at the boot screen.
Next comes the basic configuration of your accounts and automatic updating, and putting in the activation key, which isn't required at all.
When it's done, it's done! It should prepare your desktop for you and, you're done!
To me, the installation process was just as fast as it was as with Vista (maybe a tad bit faster…).
Coming tomorrow will probably be some stuff regarding the desktop and overall performance of Windows 7."

I like that it lets u setup wireless even before windows is fully installed.

Except what is seen there is only a testing build nowhere near to being finished. Someone leaked it out on friday apparently.

If you look closely at the lower right corner and pause the video you can plainly see "for testing purposes only". Windows 7 hasn't even reached the first public beta release yet. That's only a skeleton and still far from the finished version.

Except what is seen there is only a testing build nowhere near to being finished. Someone leaked it out on friday apparently.

If you look closely at the lower right corner and pause the video you can plainly see "for testing purposes only". Windows 7 hasn't even reached the first public beta release yet. That's only a skeleton and still far from the finished version.

lets hope =D that thing looked so much like vista! haha

what build is that?

i was using 6956 i think and it didnt have hte boot screen is there a new one?

I heard the beta 1 build that leaked was feature complete.

The first beta wouldn't even be out for some time maybe as late as June 2009. Some pre beta stages were the only things that got out. None of those are even close to a finished version.

Back
Top Bottom