Why Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? Just saying something you learn from a basic economics class.

Economics has nothing to do with it. Nice try, though.

It states that companies try to make products look better than others and have them "name branded" to sell at a higher profit. They're exactly the same, but because they're sold differently they can sell at a higher cost.

Here's the thing. They're not the same. Apple doesn't necessarily compete with budget makes and models from manufacturers. Sure, it's easy to line up specifications and say why brand X is better than Apple - but specifications only tell half of the story. The iPhone and iPad prove this methodology.

People believe it and the company makes more money. If you're talking about buying the alien head or apple thing i used fake numbers to get a point across. I had so much sarcasm in there it was only to be taken some what serious. I don't work for apple so it's not like i really know where that $900 goes to.

In other words, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Okay. Fine. Good to know.

Maybe they overprice or not, i wouldnt know, i just go off of them advertizing the heck out of the product and going nuts over the name. We all know they sell the name more than the product. That's like a "jenny kreg" or whatever purse not being sold for jenny kreg.

Okay, then. Could you explain why my Mac Pro cost less than a similarly configured HP or Dell workstation? If Apple was simply selling the name, wouldn't they price their workstation higher than the competition?

IMO, the price Apple sets their computer are decent. Don't just look at the specs, look at the features too, as well as the average lifespan.

I've wanted a macbook for a while. However, I do not like using the Mac OSX (personal preference).

IMO, the price Apple sets their computer are decent. Don't just look at the specs, look at the features too, as well as the average lifespan.

I've wanted a macbook for a while. However, I do not like using the Mac OSX (personal preference).

That's what i said too, but i started to get my head round using it at a friend's house, now i can work on OS 10 with far superior efficiency.

It's all personal preference, but I hate how certain people make assumptions without actually trying the product they're criticizing.

Yeah well, in the end it's not us who's missing out. Apple's future is pretty much assured, even if it's only by their mobile devices. It's just a shame about Steve Job's condition.

As a person who (IMO) is pretty open minded about this stuff (Having used for an extended period; Windows, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, Solaris, Mac OS 10.4-6 and more that i've pobably forgotten) I've found that Every OS is good at different things. I've never said Mac is best for everyone, like there's no point in having a thousand pound email machine, But if you do a lot of design or editing work, a Mac is going to be much more efficient.

Yeah well, in the end it's not us who's missing out. Apple's future is pretty much assured, even if it's only by their mobile devices. It's just a shame about Steve Job's condition.

As a person who (IMO) is pretty open minded about this stuff (Having used for an extended period; Windows, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, Solaris, Mac OS 10.4-6 and more that i've pobably forgotten) I've found that Every OS is good at different things. I've never said Mac is best for everyone, like there's no point in having a thousand pound email machine, But if you do a lot of design or editing work, a Mac is going to be much more efficient.

Can't you just throw a mac OS on a better specced, cheaper priced laptop and get the same "better at editing" anyhow? I don't know if it'd work though.

Can't you just throw a mac OS on a better specced, cheaper priced laptop and get the same "better at editing" anyhow? I don't know if it'd work though.

You've never tried or owned a Mac before, have you?

You've never tried or owned a Mac before, have you?

No, that's why i didn't know the lion was an os but in update form. I also heard people try putting mac os x on a laptop with better specs but would it work that good?

That would be illegal :)

it's called a Hackintosh.

Oh.. That's lame then. Supporting the mac Os yet it still being illegal.. Oh well. :( Thanks for asnwering it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom