Whose making all that money?!?

bsr2002

Baseband Member
OK, All the while Atkins was living all I saw and heard was contriversy(SP?) about this diet. A week after the guy dies that's all you see on the tube now. Even today I see a Subway commercial that is "Atkins Friendly". So who is getting all this cash now? I'm sure the family is getting a piece of it, but it seems like that everyones jumping on the band wagon and capitalizing on that name.

I would imagine his family. Or, there was a finacial backer/invester that managed to get his diet off the ground with advertising etc. He would now become a huge (If not 100%) share holder and taking most of the revenue.

bsr2002 said:
OK, All the while Atkins was living all I saw and heard was contriversy(SP?) about this diet. A week after the guy dies that's all you see on the tube now. Even today I see a Subway commercial that is "Atkins Friendly". So who is getting all this cash now? I'm sure the family is getting a piece of it, but it seems like that everyones jumping on the band wagon and capitalizing on that name.

Are you suprised? The Atkins diet is now a haven for fast food companies to finally say their food is in someways remotely healthy - and are gaining business from it.

Back
Top Bottom