when are the new ati cards coming out

Fisher

Fully Optimized
ok i was told the release date for the new ati cards was the end of march. then at the end of march i was told it would be the end of april. now it is the end of april is someone going to tell me its now the end of may for the release?

I'm sure their is a reason for the delay, no company wants to launch a new product onto the people with out making sure it hasn't got any defects or bugs, it can cost them money to fix it later after words.

Recent benchmarks showed them performing slower than the nvidia chips so maybe they have decided to refine them a little further

May 14th it is actually. And i know some people that have it in their hands already, but they are bound by NDA to not say anything. BTW, 1000/1000 (core/mem) is possible ;)
tool1.gif

and here are some 3D Mark scores with some drivers needed to be refined, all provided by Kinc:
03yr6.jpg

05df9.jpg

06zm4.jpg

BTW, 1000/1000 (core/mem) is possible ;)
<pic>

Couldn't they technically gone higher than that? I have a feeling that's not accurate; I want to see some proof that it actually runs games like that.

What I'm getting at is this... Those are his "Current 3d settings". And he's in 2d mode right now. I can bump my 8800GTS to 1000+ (performance 3d) on the core through RivaTuner and all be well surfing the web, but it sure won't play games like that since they run in 3d mode.

Recent benchmarks showed them performing slower than the nvidia chips so maybe they have decided to refine them a little further

The hardware used in those benchmarks weren't the final chips. You should see a substantial performance increase over the 8 series when the R600's are finalized.

Couldn't they technically gone higher than that? I have a feeling that's not accurate; I want to see some proof that it actually runs games like that.

What I'm getting at is this... Those are his "Current 3d settings". And he's in 2d mode right now. I can bump my 8800GTS to 1000+ (performance 3d) on the core through RivaTuner and all be well surfing the web, but it sure won't play games like that since they run in 3d mode.

You will have to wait till the 14th when the NDA is lifted. I will provide the information that I can.

EDIT:
Sampsa said:
PS. 1000/1000 MHz clock speeds at techPowerUp!'s screenshot are pretty modest

Source

Back
Top Bottom