Whats your pc boot time ?

muz

Golden Master
Well as the title suggests . How long does it take your computer to boot . By boot i mean from when you press the power button how long till you can see your desktop or login screen if you use a password . Also post your specs .
Well on my desktop
Intel pentium4 2.8ghz
512mb ram
40gb ide seagate baracuda 7200.7 model master boot drive with xp and progs on
120gb ide seagate baracuda 7200.7 model storage drive
Dvd burner
cd/dvd burner combi drive
32mb sparkle tnt 2 m64 .
Well mines is 35 seconds till i can see the windows desktop under xp pro
i can see the starting screen after 33-34
I will post for my other two comps tom as 1 is downstaris and the other is my laptop which i am using

Well as the title suggests . How long does it take your computer to boot . By boot i mean from when you press the power button how long till you can see your desktop or login screen if you use a password . Also post your specs .
Well on my desktop
Intel pentium4 2.8ghz
512mb ram
40gb ide seagate baracuda 7200.7 model master boot drive with xp and progs on
120gb ide seagate baracuda 7200.7 model storage drive
Dvd burner
cd/dvd burner combi drive
32mb sparkle tnt 2 m64 .
Well mines is 35 seconds till i can see the windows desktop under xp pro
i can see the starting screen after 33-34
I will post for my other two comps tom as 1 is downstaris and the other is my laptop which i am using
Huh???, mine takes around 10 seconds since I went broadband that's the honest truth, before that on narrowband around 25.

Huh???, mine takes around 10 seconds since I went broadband that's the honest truth, before that on narrowband around 25.

huh, how would the vinternet speed up boot times? , i mean how long you computer takes to come on

huh, how would the internet speed up boot times? , i mean how long you computer takes to come on
I don't understand you, it was asked, & I answered, what's the problem with that?, please explain.

I don't understand you, it was asked, & I answered, what's the problem with that?, please explain.

There isnt a problem , i just dont think you didnt quite understand the question properly but dont worry bout it now .
What i mean is from when you press the power button on your case how long does it take your computer till you can see your desktop with all the icons on it

What he means is that internet connection speed wont have any effect whatsoever on a pcs boot time, so your obviously on about something else.

Oh, and mines about 28 seconds #1 in sig

There isnt a problem , i just dont think you didnt quite understand the question properly but dont worry bout it now .
What i mean is from when you press the power button on your case how long does it take your computer till you can see your desktop with all the icons on it
How many more tmes, *chuckle*, that's the time from pressing the power button, I just rebooted again & checked by my watch, 29 seconds this time.

The lappy is all factory stock, only 1.3 mhz, 256 ram, 40 gig hhd.

But I tweaked it the best I could....from the time I push the power button til windows is loaded, I would say about 25 seconds... :p

The lappy is all factory stock, only 1.3 mhz, 256 ram, 40 gig hhd.

But I tweaked it the best I could....from the time I push the power button til windows is loaded, I would say about 25 seconds... :p
damn i feel sorry for you. what a crappy processor :rolleyes:

my boot time is well over 30 seconds (im guessing). i have the classic logon screen and it has to load up a lot of things. im not too bothered though, i use hibernation

Back
Top Bottom