What Resolution do you run your computer in?

Kage said:
Really? Lower than 75hz is slow for you? :eek:

I find 60hz to be slow, but 70 seems fine...
At 75hz, the monitor seems to blur once in a while, though I think it is the monitor and not my eyes

I can sometimes see my 85hz flickering.
I tried to use 75 for a while (because I was using 1600x 1200 resolution) and just being like 5-10 mins on the computer my eyes started to hurt. I was wondering how the resolution could cause it, but then I noticed that the refresh rate automatically had changed to 75hz = a long time on the computer and my eyes will explode. :p

I wonder if I can get more hz if I turn the resolution even lower...

edit: OMG! with 800x 600 I can turn it up to 120hz. My god, sooo smoooth! :D

I'll go and see if I can get a decent resolution with like 100hz refresh rate.

edit2: me found it me found it!

1152x 864, quite small but 100hz. mmm, smooth...

99nasha said:
Like the rest 1280 x 1024. At 60hz...Cant go any higher :(

omg, are ur eyes still working like they should? since atleast for me 60hz is way too low, gonna destroy my eyes.
And lowering the resolution enables higher frequencies to be used.

Weird. Thouhg I've never been able to set my refresh rate higher than 75hz to notice any more differences.

70 seems fine though, but I can still see a minor flicker, but it isn't as interfering as at 60hz...

I just wish I could choose higher resoloutions, though it'd be pretty useless for me since I have to run games at around 800x600/1024x768 to get good frame rates anyway :p

Thats alright for a screen of that size, and with an LCD, I don't think you can go higher than 60hz (or can you?)
but theres no flicker I can notice on those screens anyway.
Its only on CRT's that I seem to notice flicker,
though I can see the refresh of mobile phones at a certain angle :p

1440x900pixels

on a 17" widescreen lappy screen :D

edit... 60Hz refresh rate... not great, but fine for word processing/internet/YIM, thats just about all i do... apart from play solitair :p

Kage said:
Thats alright for a screen of that size, and with an LCD, I don't think you can go higher than 60hz (or can you?)
but theres no flicker I can notice on those screens anyway.
Its only on CRT's that I seem to notice flicker,
though I can see the refresh of mobile phones at a certain angle :p

On My 19" LCD at 1280X1024 i can take mine up to 72hz, at 1024 x768 i can go up to 80hz, and at 800x600 i can go to 85hz.

Back
Top Bottom