This is what I have for diasters!

donetao

Banned
Hi! I try to be prepared from any disaster that comes my way.
I have the 5 DVD's with back to factory media.
I have a USB flash with back to factory media.
I have 8 images of my OS on a external HD
I still have the back to factory hidden partition with back to factory.
Those are all ways that I can get my PC back up and running in just a few minutes. The back up images of my OS on my external HD are my favorite to get me back up and running just like the day I created the image.
What's your plan for your next disaster. Do you have a plan?? I hope so.
Share your plan how you will recover from a disaster!:thumb:

I usually have a USB with Windows 7/8.1 all ready to go, I have a 2 USB's loaded with Hiren's and a few other goodies then I have external HDD with my software and the other with all my important files, music and videos.

I have a working Internet connection and the web address of my favorite linux distro and an encrypted text file with my passwords in dropbox.

This should be in the software section like the window tools should be. Posting in the right section will make them look busy instead of just the lounge.

This should be in the software section like the window tools should be. Posting in the right section will make them look busy instead of just the lounge.
Please move to the appropriate section!! Sorry. It's hard to figure out the best section some times.
Thank you!;)

Here's my question to you! Can you be back up and running with all your Apps and up dates just like the day the you created the image. If you can't answer yes to that, then you aren't prepared for a disaster.

A system image is an exact copy of a drive. By default, a system image includes the drives required for Windows to run. It also includes Windows and your system settings, programs, and files. You can use a system image to restore the contents of your computer if your hard disk or computer ever stops working.

All my data is synced either over the cloud or on my personal network. If my desktop or laptop PC goes down I can switch from one to the other with no problems. I'll then do a clean boot of Windows on the machine that's had a problem (or fix it), and get them synced again.

I just have my Win 7 retail disc. If I have to start over I don't mind as I don't keep anything important on my system. What I needed to keep are on the DVDs.

Anyway I'd like a fresh install of Windows, that way I'm rid of the garbage collection. :)

Hi I have a USB flash with back to factory and My Toshiba also has the hidden partition.
Fresh starts are OK once in awhile. I wish I had a retail disc. I messed around and now it's to late to burn the W7 ISO file. OH well I really don't need it. I just don't understand Microso$$t reasons for not letting us copy a ISO file???

I forgot to mention that I have my hard drive partitioned to C: and D:. D: is for storage and getting pretty full.

Too many movies. :D

If my Windows crashed, at least it won't affect the D: drive. Also I have an enterprise (server) drive so it'll last a long time.

Back
Top Bottom