What I did this weekend

Kage

Golden Master
Well, I thought I should post this, as I sort of want to brag :p

First of all, it was my birthday on Friday and I'm now 22. Shame on you for the people that missed that one :rolleyes:
It was okay, but nothing that special to be honest. Made me realise who my real friends are though.

But its Sunday which proved to be the best part of the weekend.
I ended up meeting with the product planning manager of Konami Digital Entertainment of the UK side.

Basically, and I don't know who will know anything about it, but there is a new DDR machine called DDR:X that has been shipped to arcades worldwide, and running a search on google, will tell of many problems about the US/UK machines.
One major problem being a major sync issue, making getting good scores impossible.

http://arcadeheaven.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/ddrx-cabinet_s.jpg
(The Japanese cabinet; slightly different from ours)

I've been e-mailing him back and forth over the past couple of weeks, about the problems I've been having with the machine/fixes that could be possible/ideas, and he said he wanted to meet for him to try some fixes on the machine with me there to test them/give my opinions.
I jumped at the chance of course.
I had pictures took of my results with the mods/standard/and also on the Euromix 2 machine to really show a difference in score, and he's now going to be reporting back to the Japanese part of the company.

We are now going to be keeping in touch, and hopefully the machine in the Trafford Centre will be fixed, and so will others around UK/US, once they know what the problem is for sure :D
I could even get my name in the credits!

No, i believe you, i think it's cool, i'm just wondering what name to look for on the arcade credits

It depends if it happens or not, but my first names Kyle. I don't think even he knows my second, as my e-mail doesn't state it.

Back
Top Bottom