What has gone on here today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wombat said:
Do not let this erupt into anything here. You know the rules of your re-admission to this forum DarkBlade, please comply with them.

I am not doing anything against the rules, just wanted you to pop in here and explain this madness that happened while I was at a party. Please do not treat me like I am three wombat, I do not appreciate it. I know the rules of this forum, I used to be a MOD. My rules are the same as others, and I completely respect this forum and its administration, but I refuse to be treated rudely or like a child.... Nothing is erupting... this was a simple request for information about some strange events. I suppose I am going to have to ask David about it myself. And Wombat, I don't know you very well and you don't know me very well, so please have a mutual respect for me as I have for you. I am a longtime resident of this forum, and I had a SINGLE bad experience which is in the past, I do not think it is very fair to be persecuted over the past. I have asked that be dropped. Honestly, your comments above make it seem as if I am under even stricter rules then others and I am confined to the Hardware section and not allowed to ask MODs questions. I have the same rights as everyone else here Wombat. Please do not treat me otherwise. I will continue to be cordigal and friendly with you, but the comment above is not friendly, and I do not appreciate being talked to as if I am a criminal on parole. Thankyou for respecting my rights.

And also, if you find the post above offensive, they are not intended nor written that way, so please re-read them in an effort to fully grasp and understand their point. If a hacker had taken over a MODs account, I would call Matt (Adam) and have him call David directly to put a stop to it. I am not attempting to start some ridiculous arguement with anyone nor offend any person. This thread was based purely on an informative basis. Take it for what it is.

The point is you are not a moderator. And also this is a private forum, so therefore, the adminstrators can do what they want without explaining any of it. Just lets move on past this. A long time resident? So am I. But that does not give you anymore power then me to over-rule moderators. In fact we get no such power.

It has already been explained too. Smart ass and nuke were banned because of multiple accounts. That is all. It isn't that more difficult to understand.

Giancarlo said:
The point is you are not a moderator. And also this is a private forum, so therefore, the adminstrators can do what they want without explaining any of it. Just lets move on past this. A long time resident? So am I. But that does not give you anymore power then me to over-rule moderators. In fact we get no such power.

It has already been explained too. Smart ass and nuke were banned because of multiple accounts. That is all. It isn't that more difficult to understand.

Gian, why are you being mean to a friend here? Jeez... I said OK.. I wasn't concerned with this issue anymore. From what you pointed out about the possible person behind this, I am glad action was taken to prevent any further damage. My previous post was in respect to being prejudiced over my recent coming back to CF. I am not to be treated any differently then anyone else. I have no bad intentions as ALL of my recent posts show... I get 10 PMs a day thanking me and asking for further assistance. I have two goals on CF. Help people and start and advertise DarkBlade Computers after its website launch. Also, I suppose part of that comes in customer and visitor feedback in the form of public polls I will later release on this forum for critical input into the websites design. AKA, tomorrow will be my unveiling and a poll to vote on the DarkBlade final logo.

I refuse to let this devolve into some arguement. It wasn't intended as such, merely an informative base. Please close this thread to prevent further issues. I am over the issue because Lurkswithin explained the issue.

Perhaps it's not my place to say...

But with what I have noticed of the past week... There has been alot of whining and crying after teh touble area are dealed with. We now have a few new mods and you are going to see like there are more banns.

I used to admin, mod and clean up some nasty FXP forums in the past.. Well with any bann there are angry.. Are the mods flexing their muscles? Of course they are.. To an extent, They are only enforcing the rules. In the past most of the rules were being broken and letting some slide and other let go.. Now with more mods to watch over the place the members who get the slide are caught by other mods..

In time it will smooth out. People will learn the rules of what they can and can't do.

DarkBlade said:
Gian, why are you being mean to a friend here? Jeez... I said OK.. I wasn't concerned with this issue anymore. From what you pointed out about the possible person behind this, I am glad action was taken to prevent any further damage. My previous post was in respect to being prejudiced over my recent coming back to CF. I am not to be treated any differently then anyone else. I have no bad intentions as ALL of my recent posts show... I get 10 PMs a day thanking me and asking for further assistance. I have two goals on CF. Help people and start and advertise DarkBlade Computers after its website launch. Also, I suppose part of that comes in customer and visitor feedback in the form of public polls I will later release on this forum for critical input into the websites design. AKA, tomorrow will be my unveiling and a poll to vote on the DarkBlade final logo.

I'm not being mean. I as a person am direct and to the point. I fully support David, the top adminstrator here. There was action taken. I make plenty of helpful posts in the hardware forums. And I think your 10 private messages a day is a bit of an overstatement. This isn't a place for your own self-advertisement. That is also something I'm coming down hard on.

I am admin of a forum as well..
www.computertechforums.net

My members are also on here as well , most of them at least. They can tell you, I am not the friendliest admin in the world (take all the mods and david and make them 3x more aggressive and meaner and that = me)

David is a soon to be owner of my poor forum that didnt go anywhere. But, I just wanted an explanation. I wasn't mad or concerned with the MODs behavior, and now that I have my explanation, I am fine and dandy and feel secure on CF again. It just gave me a scare is all.

Giancarlo said:
I'm not being mean. I as a person am direct and to the point. I fully support David, the top adminstrator here. There was action taken. I make plenty of helpful posts in the hardware forums. And I think your 10 private messages a day is a bit of an overstatement. This isn't a place for your own self-advertisement. That is also something I'm coming down hard on.

I am not doing the advertising. David and I have arranged a deal which everyone will soon be made aware of which is PURELY business related. More details on that later. Trust me, I am not going to be spamming, I think that is dumb. I can advertise and ask for opinions though Gian, and I plan on doing that just as David and I discussed.

Ok.. stop self advertising. You don't see me doing it for my website (well it isn't really updated anymore). But still... don't do self-advertisement. It is shameful I think.

DarkBlade said:
I am not doing the advertising. David and I have arranged a deal which everyone will soon be made aware of which is PURELY business related. More details on that later. Trust me, I am not going to be spamming, I think that is dumb. I can advertise and ask for opinions though Gian, and I plan on doing that just as David and I discussed.

I'm taking this to David. I do not want to see you drag down this forum and cause a mass exodus to other forums from here. You can advertise and others can't? How the heck is that fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom