What does CF think of Geek Squad.

TheGuruHouse

Baseband Member
I personally don't think any of them are intelligent, yet I applied for it. It pays 10-12 an hour. XD There aren't any requirements for it. :O

Also, I'm taking my A+ certification in about a week.. all I have is a book by Mike Meyers. Think it's sufficient?

Yeah most of them have no idea, just how to set up a computer, programs, and basic networking. I have found them clueless as far as anything else. I once asked them if they had a linux coding guide, since I couldn't find a best buy rep, and he went in the back and then came back with a linksys router...

Mike Meyer's books are probably the best for A+
I've never taken the test, but I hang out in the computer lab, and that is what my teacher still recommends.

Geek Squad is alright, If I were to pick a place to work, I would want to work for Micro Center, but you have to be an IT to be able to work with computers IIRC.

Yeah most of them have no idea, just how to set up a computer, programs, and basic networking. I have found them clueless as far as anything else. I once asked them if they had a linux coding guide, since I couldn't find a best buy rep, and he went in the back and then came back with a linksys router...

Mike Meyer's books are probably the best for A+
I've never taken the test, but I hang out in the computer lab, and that is what my teacher still recommends.

Thanks.. That's hilarious about the router thing! Lmao!!

haha... but either way it's good money.

Geek Squad is alright, If I were to pick a place to work, I would want to work for Micro Center, but you have to be an IT to be able to work with computers IIRC.

I'm only 17 but I do plan on going into the computer field.

terribad... they don't know problems and over charge people for stuff... for them as a service? i say terribad... for them as a job? i say its better than alot of jobs out there... it's fun if you like working on computers and its like a to learn all the problems with computer kinda job haha kinda learn new stuff everyday hahaha

When I worked at Best Buy many a years ago, Geek Squad isn't that bad of a job. If your just an in store agent, 75% of your job is going to be New PC Setups, which will consist of the normal startup garbage and installing Security packages (Granted the Salesman landed the Security Package). Aside from that you will deal with people bringing in Computers to get fixed. You will need to convince these people that the $149.99 your going to charge for JUST a diagnostic, is worth his 300 dollar Dell or Emachines computer. At any rate, Prepare yourself to get yelled at by customers because of what GS charges, Lmao. In terms of how good Geek Squad is, They're not the greatest techs out there, but it pays the bills I suppose.

It was an After highschool Job, Which for the most part I can't complain about it as I was on the Comp Sales floor. The atmosphere I found quite pleasing while working there.

Not sure how much it's changed since I've been there, Which is quite a few years.

Geek Squad == narbs.
Geek Squad != Computerforums.org
Computerforums.org > Geek Squad

Nuff said.

Geek Squad == narbs.
Geek Squad != Computerforums.org
Computerforums.org > Geek Squad

Nuff said.

LMFAO!!!

When I worked at Best Buy many a years ago, Geek Squad isn't that bad of a job. If your just an in store agent, 75% of your job is going to be New PC Setups, which will consist of the normal startup garbage and installing Security packages (Granted the Salesman landed the Security Package). Aside from that you will deal with people bringing in Computers to get fixed. You will need to convince these people that the $149.99 your going to charge for JUST a diagnostic, is worth his 300 dollar Dell or Emachines computer. At any rate, Prepare yourself to get yelled at by customers because of what GS charges, Lmao. In terms of how good Geek Squad is, They're not the greatest techs out there, but it pays the bills I suppose.

It was an After highschool Job, Which for the most part I can't complain about it as I was on the Comp Sales floor. The atmosphere I found quite pleasing while working there.

Not sure how much it's changed since I've been there, Which is quite a few years.

Thanks ^^

Back
Top Bottom