What do you trhink it would take to run a online computer buisness?

jack22

Fully Optimized
What do you gys think it would take? I was considering it and i was wondering how diffiicult you guys think it would be. I could already gett he domain www.pcgoliath.com

what kind of a computer buisness? repair? or selling PC's like Ibuypower... I dont think that running a webshop that sold custom built PC's would be that hard, it's just finding a way of charging your customers, I.E. getting the money wired to you is the hard part.

That website doesn't do anything yet. It looks good as a homepage, but doesn't work. Is that the site you created or someone else's?

You can try if yo are ambitious enough. Register a domain and pay to get it on the search engines. Design a good web page and always maintain excellent customer service. Don't go back on your words and deliver fast. There's a lot of competition out there so reputation counts. You need to invest some money into it and find a wholesale dealer you can get parts from. A business license would help in doing that. You'll need to setup a billing system, customer database, parts database, shipping method, etc, etc. I feel if I were to do this, I need help from a few people to get it going but unfortunately my friends don't have the same interest as me.

That is a website for sale which i am seriously thinking of buying. I was only going to selling parts and systems i configure. And whats a dropshipper and whats a good wholesale place...i saw tgerdirect gives you buisness discounts but i couldnt find anytoher places.

I contacted Newegg about getting discounts too but they told me their products were already marked down and wouldn't go down any further even with a business license.

What you can do is buy some parts from Tigerdirect, Newegg, or ZipZoomFly and mark it up. Making shipping and handling along with tax as extra charge of course. Carry a limited amount of hardware (however much you can invest in parts) and see if you can get those sold. If you see people hitting your website be prepared to start shipping those out and keep in check how much you have available. Profits made can be re-invested in purchasing more hardware or for your domain cost, etc. You may start out pretty slow and not make any money, but it takes awhile with more customers and as reputation grows to have a successful business.

I was hoping i could start out buy listing parts and then sellt hose, then buyt hem and ship them to the customer and see if i get buisness first before i invest a lot of money.

Tigerdirect doesnt offer extra discounts unless you spend millions or hundreds of thousands accoriding to them....dam them.

its gonna be heard...... you have to have thousands of dollars to get wholesale prices from big companies o_o..... not trying to diss, but i think this isnt going to make a lot of money, cuz there is newegg that everyone uses.. and then tiger direct and etc.

Well see, i got banned from ebay(just nonsense, nothing serious, just my stupidity) and that was my source of income(im 15). And now im trying to find a way to make mooney with computers and ive been looking around and it is impossible to get wholesale prices like you said, unless you invest thousands. And the only other way is to be a reseller but that is usless, so i guess i gots to find out some other ways.

Back
Top Bottom