What do you guys think

G35x

Golden Master
Well, I have windows xp home, and im gonna reformat on friday. I really want xp media center, but no way in hell im gonna buy it. I have my ways of getting it :D but it wont be a legit key ect u know the deal..Anyhow I was wondering what would you guys do, get the media center or just install xp home..I dont want to run into problems later on, but I really just like the overall media center, its just different if you know what I mean. Not sure on what to do...Also I have a 120gb Hard drive, you thnik I should make 2 partitions 80 and a 40...Would it help performance wise at all?

You'll be happier with a legal version. I have a crack copy of XP now and I'm very limited to what I can download from Microsoft. It's terrible. Media Center is a good OS, but I feel XP is just as capable. WIth that in mind, leave it the way it is.

Cracked copies are a total pain, and I dont recomend using them.

Instead, i prefer using 100% legit CD keys.

Well, only 2 people, but I guess your right Ill just stick to XP home...Damit I really want media center ohh well lol...

dude, believe me, media center isnt all taht great, and its a big adjustment from home, there are a lot of weird programs, that take up a lot of space for useless crap, and if u put ur mouse over something it automatically opens it, i hate it

just get the legal home, and download some good apps

Dev0115 said:
Well, only 2 people, but I guess your right Ill just stick to XP home...Damit I really want media center ohh well lol...
Glad you dropped that idea, you might get some mod who spends hours online, sussing out posts in forums, like.....er, me, actually! :rolleyes:

Media center is annoying... waste of time IMO. I have XP PRO SP2 Corp... which believe it or not is a legit copy.

If I make 2 partitions, I can dual boot later on if I want right?

So would it be better to make it 80/40 or just 120. If I dont plan to dual boot, would it be better to have it 120 or 80/40..Would this help performace wise at all, even a tad bit? Just wondering...

Im running on a AMD 3400, 1gb Ram, 9200se, dvd burner, dvd rom...

Back
Top Bottom