What Crysis drivers are you using?

Ok, as long as the FPS stay above 30 it is playable right?

Really its a personal preference. Personally I don't like anything less then 30FPS because you'll see it get choppy at some points were theres alot going on. I like to keep it around 30-40FPS anything more is just gravy. I won't play a game were I only average 20-25FPS.

I got lazy typing so I took a screenshot of the time demos with everything set at medium. 1680X1050 top box is the CPU and the bottom is the GPU time demo. I'll overclock my GFX card and report back. It should pick it up quite a bit. A second look and I may have actually did that bench in 32bit on accident. Unless they both use /system32 I guess I'll see in a minute.

CPUGPUTimedemo64bit1680X1050.jpg

What about very high, try that.

There is no point trying Very high settings when my average framerate at 1280X1024 at high is between 17.46-20.37 FPS. I suppose I could humor you although i'm not even going to try that at 1680X1050.

So here are the overclocked gpu results at 1680X1050 I gained about 7-10FPS definately playable on medium. Remember Thelis your on a 640mb I only have a 320mb card so you may get a slightly better framerate.

TimeDemosOverclockedGPU.jpg

beta drivers crashed alot with me. Then again I have vista 64 bit.

Ya thats what i've been running all these tests in. I heard alot of problems from a few of the drivers plus Riva Tuner does not work. Also this demo isn't even optimized for dual/quads so i'm guessing were going to see another 5-10 FPS when the games released and the drivers get better. At least i'm hoping.

As per superman22x's request I just ran it with very high settings. I could almost hear my computer laugh as I clicked apply. To be honest I was actually suprised it ran as well as it did. Granted this test was done at 1024X768 to give it a prayer. But anyways everything maxed at 1024X768. Also everything was overclocked for this test lol.

Veryhighsettings.jpg

Wait, you have to play on medium at 1680x1050? That doesnt seem right, because I am also playing it on medium with those settings and it is playable.

Wait, you have to play on medium at 1680x1050? That doesnt seem right, because I am also playing it on medium with those settings and it is playable.

I could play it at high but I don't like anything under 30FPS. Your playing it on medium at what resolution 1680X1050 or what? You can see what all i've tried at and my results.

Go ahead and do the bench list your settings and just take a screenshot of the results and post it up.

I thought I had it 1680x1050 and all medium. I'll check after church. My graphics card is having a problem, where if I dont restart my computer right before playing, I get artifacts. I might have time to check the res right now. One sec.

Yeah, its 1680x1050. All medium, but I get a little bit less than 30FPS. So that makes sence I guess. Are you running 169.04 drivers? Try those if you arent. They are the beta ones. I got hardcore artifacts at teh menus tho. I didnt try and play it right now, but I did earlier and I remember it was fairly smooth, and just looked AMAZING!!

I thought I had it 1680x1050 and all medium. I'll check after church. My graphics card is having a problem, where if I dont restart my computer right before playing, I get artifacts. I might have time to check the res right now. One sec.

Yeah, its 1680x1050. All medium, but I get a little bit less than 30FPS. So that makes sence I guess. Are you running 169.04 drivers? Try those if you arent. They are the beta ones. I got hardcore artifacts at teh menus tho. I didnt try and play it right now, but I did earlier and I remember it was fairly smooth, and just looked AMAZING!!

Okay i'll stay tuned for your results. Really there isn't a huge difference between medium and high just everything looks a little better and kills your GPU a little more lol. Did you measure your FPS with Fraps or the tool in Crysis? Personally I like using the in game benchs that way you get consitant results and it makes it easy to set your settings.

I dont know how to use the in game one. I'm probably not going to be playing it anytime soon tho, I need to send in my graphics card for replacement. I will go to my friends house today tho, I hope, and he has an 8600GT, almost everything is on high, but I will switch it to 1680x1050 and see how it goes.
How do I use the ingame bench?

Back
Top Bottom