Well, I placed second, and fifth!

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well, I went down to Walla Walla Washington, and got first in open hand kata, and fifth in the weapons kata. The first kata (open hand) one that I did, was Ni Pi Po. I have been practicing that for months and months now, and finally it semi-paied off. I should have gotten first, but I got nervous. And then that second kata (weapon) one, I placed fifth, and I had just learned it not twelve hours before. I placed second out of thirteen, and fifth out of about eleven. And guess what.. For the weapon I used the Oar. Yes, thats right an oar. Slightly modified, for use in martial arts, but yes.

So im kinda sulking about not doing my best during the first kata. And only getting second. But oh well.. it was fun...

cool, I used to do compititions like that all the time, my rooms slam full of trophies lol

Oddly enough though Ive never heard of an oar ^^; What exactly is that? In my compitions I always used Single and Double Katanas, Nunchaku, Bo, Double Commas, and a few other things but not so much

HRHunteRHR said:
Explain to me, I'm noob at "katas" and I don't know what you're talking about :( :confused:
Well a kata, is a series of movements, anywhere from 20-120 movements. With open hand, or weapons.

Paradox said:
cool, I used to do compititions like that all the time, my rooms slam full of trophies lol

Oddly enough though Ive never heard of an oar ^^; What exactly is that? In my compitions I always used Single and Double Katanas, Nunchaku, Bo, Double Commas, and a few other things but not so much

Think of a boat oar, with a much skinner end, no handle thing, rounded on one side of the face, and two angles on the other side of it. And a point on the top... And yeah, i have LOTS of trophies, lol

And the movements are to represent blocking and attacking opponents, practicing as if they were there. (you can think of it like a martial arts version of things like rotc)

So arrizx, did you pick your weapon or did you enter a weapon specific competition?

Well, there was a Seminar on that weapon. So as a challenge I competed with that. And I could have gone to the junior under black, but I uped myself to adults :D

Anyways.. I could have done alot better with my Sai, but this was fun. And the oar is very highranking. And traditional.. So.. They expected alot out of me. I couldnt exactly give it, because, I really didnt have time to pratice it. Oh well, still fun stuff! And the girl that won with the bo, was so cute. She was like 21, and checked me out. And I went over and congradulated her... So yeah, it was tight. And also I got an old friends number that i lost, lol. Shes really hot too. Blackbelt. Yeah.. lol.. Anyways... *clears throat*

lmao, bad part about hitting on chicks that beat you: thwy know they can beat you XP

just messin, but yeah, good job practise some more and come back and kick that fine ass XD (jk)

Back
Top Bottom