And we thought the Euromillions Jackpot was alot...

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Due to the almost constant mention of Harry Potter, in every conceivable place and on every terrestrial TV channel, I decided to do some research on the actual 'films' rather than the story. It's well know everyone involved in making the films, and the books has become very wealthy, but just focusing on the films:

Combined budget for all 8 films: $1,155,000,000 (£715,851,675)

Combined Gross Revenue of first 7 films: $6,343,865,842 (£3,931,832,891)

that's one helluva profit, and that's without DH Part II, or including merchandise etc.

I need to write a good book...

quite scary how much money they have made!! I saw the last film last night and thought it was ok,,,

JK Rowling is the first author to make one Billion dollars from book sales alone. When she sent the script for her first book to one publisher it was sent back unopened. I'll bet that publisher regrets doing that!

Now that would be awesome if they donated some of the profits (even 1% would be great) to charities. But that is not very likely to happen.

Now that would be awesome if they donated some of the profits (even 1% would be great) to charities. But that is not very likely to happen.

Rowling and alot of the other companies already donate alot to charity

Due to the almost constant mention of Harry Potter, in every conceivable place and on every terrestrial TV channel, I decided to do some research on the actual 'films' rather than the story. It's well know everyone involved in making the films, and the books has become very wealthy, but just focusing on the films:

Combined budget for all 8 films: $1,155,000,000 (£715,851,675)

Combined Gross Revenue of first 7 films: $6,343,865,842 (£3,931,832,891)

that's one helluva profit, and that's without DH Part II, or including merchandise etc.

I need to write a good book...

You know who else needs to write a good book? The United States. About 1000 of those and we'd be out of debt.

& all this happened apparently on a train. Or at least the idea did

Hmm, budget is still lower than I would have thought honestly. The new Dark Knight movie is 250,000,000 alone, and I've seen bigger. Avatar was 450,000,000 if I remember right.

The new movie was awesome, imo, for those who haven't seen it.

Back
Top Bottom