w007 im reinstalling windows

Why don't people switch to linux? That's an assumption! People ARE switching to Linux. The reason so many systems use Windows XP is because of the computers purchased by the company. The company will purcahse multiple Dell systems, which, incase you didn't know, come standard with, would you look at that! Windows XP! Ok, now, let's take EVERY large company in the world, and have them purchase pre0built PCs, not just from Dell, but from other pre-built manufacturer's, such as Gateway, HP, eMachines, and so on. Then, let's count in how many of those machines come standard with Windows XP...hmmm....100%. I wonder why it is that Windows is used on 90% of the machines in the world!

Windows is more "user friendley" when it comes to installing programs etc. It is easier for most people to use then other operating systems such as Linux. Linux is more "solid", which is why less error messeges occur. Most people stick with Windows because most programs are built to run on it. But there are around 40,000 viruses i believe and only 40 for linux but they stay around 1 network meaning they can't be spread over the internet. It is all in your opionion which operating system you chose.

my uncle has ubuntu and its so awesome! i wana install it but i wana get a new HDD before i do, so i dont f*** up my current one w/ windows on it... knowing me, i'll blow something up

Linux Guru said:
Windows is more "user friendley" when it comes to installing programs etc. It is easier for most people to use then other operating systems such as Linux. Linux is more "solid", which is why less error messeges occur. Most people stick with Windows because most programs are built to run on it. But there are around 40,000 viruses i believe and only 40 for linux but they stay around 1 network meaning they can't be spread over the internet. It is all in your opionion which operating system you chose.

Well, Windows is so corrupt in itself it's ridiculous! You remember our conversation over AIM earlier? How many times did Windows lock up on me? I think we counted a total of 10 to 15 times. And I for one DO NOT have a machine that locks up due to lack of power. My CPU is insanely fast, I got RAM, and when loading an OS, quite frankly that's all you need. So, the source of the lockups must come within the code itself. Which, go figure, is due to Bill's crappy programming team.

I find it funny how people who get paid millions of dollars to make Windows do such a horrible job, yet the people who get their money for making Linux is donated, because it's Open-Source, get virtually no money. Now, why is it that programmers who design crap from their home can do such a better job then the peopel who get to sit in nice comfy chairs and drive Lexus's around do such a crappy job? **golf clap to Bill** :D

The only reason Windows has all these viruses is because it is the most widely used operating system. If linux were to ever take over, believe me, it will get a lot of viruses too. Nothing is virus proof darlings. Windows, i have used for a very long time and guess what, i have never had a virus, hardly ever locks up and i needed to format one time because of a power failure that kinda stuffed up my machine.

Windows works fine if you know how to work windows. Im sure if half the people in the world who dont know much about computers g et put infront of a linux machine, will cause that OS to have all sorts of lock ups too, just as they would do on a windows machine. Its only a matter of time before linux starts getting buggs galore. dont get me wrong, i am quite the fan of linux, but this whole fudementalist thing about windows VS linux rubbish is gay... so get over it

Natalya

The reason Windowss has so many viruses is not just because it is the most widely used operating system, it is because it has so many holes and security flaws within it. This is proven. Infact just do a simple Google search on Windows and Security, although the two hardly even belong in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

Windows VS Linux is actually a very good topic. It gives the users of both operating systems a chance to converse on each operating systems strong points and weak points. So you can take your "gay rubbish" somewhere else. Or else just, "get over it". :rolleyes:

JustinMcG67 said:
The reason Windowss has so many viruses is not just because it is the most widely used operating system, it is because it has so many holes and security flaws within it. This is proven. Infact just do a simple Google search on Windows and Security, although the two hardly even belong in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

Windows VS Linux is actually a very good topic. It gives the users of both operating systems a chance to converse on each operating systems strong points and weak points. So you can take your "gay rubbish" somewhere else. Or else just, "get over it". :rolleyes:

Ok, Windows VS Linux is a good topic. I do not deny that at all. You can make an operating system very secure, just like linux is.. but i garuntee you, it wont be long until people start to find back holes in the linux machine... just wait till more peopel start using it... haha

Back
Top Bottom