vista may not even come out

allenn812 said:
Well that should only worry people that are doing illegal things!
And what exactly counts as illegal activities?

Using P2P software? - perfectly leagal, it's only when you download copyrighted stuff when it's illegal.

writting virusses? - I saw a software developer accidentally write a macro virus once, well it wasn't actually a virus, it's just the code need to perform the task was the same as a section of a macro virus, I mean will this be sent to microsoft? - as it happens this would be of a massive concern since the code was the intelectual property of the company that I worked for with confidentiality clauses set in place by the company that the job was for...

Would programming hardware count as illegal, - PIC chip hardware programming really took off in the 80's and 90's as people made their own home hardware hacks for sky and cable TV boxes to break subscription codes. yet programming hardware chips is someting I do most days quite legitimatly...

If MS are stealling information from computers or trying to monitor activities I think that this marks a whole grey area of computing that will pretty much destroy the industry, I mean with the ability to pretty much outlaw any software that they want MS can kill all it's competition and do what ever it likes.

who cares if vista comes out or not anyway??? all of the "new" features have been available for ages in a certain "alternative" OS for ages now, and this "alternative" OS does it all without crashing, which is more than any M$ product has ever been able to do... We all know which OS i'm talking about. ;-)

Yeah, theres no doubt that it'll come out.

I don't want them to be monitoring everything I'm doing though thank you very much, or I may be forced to stick with XP.

On my dads. I can't go on MSN now anyway. I have work to be doing, so I'm going to go now, hehe.

mark thorpe said:
lol, microsoft will just pay them out... visita will come out.. microsoft will be sure of that

and id be pissed if they were spying on us.. though they can do that anyway if they really want to.. dont do anything wrong, and you wont have a problem
Microsoft could probably do that in an automatic Windows Update. I hope they don't though...

Back
Top Bottom