Unlocking a k800i

J03

~~~~~~~~
Has anyone here done it before?

I'm attempting it now.

I've made the quick access patch, and it's currently flashing the firmware & filesystem, and is writing the quick access patch..

I will apply the unlock patch if all goes well.

Wish me luck ;)

OK, I've flashed it and thats working. I will do the unlock patch now :D

done the k750/w800. its quite easy and theres a lot of custom stuff you can add. kinda beats nokia in that respect.
glad its working :)

Pfft.

It works with my orange sim (the original network), but when I put my Vofafone sim in, it says "Insert SIM"

Any idea?

Yer, the K800i has some sort of security barrier that I heard.

I heard it's hard but if you have the equipment then head over to digital forums as their are phone experts:

1:Full & permanent unlock - still quite dear if unlocked via server.
2: Flash patch unlock - the cheaper of the 2 options. However if the handset is flashed again it will be locked back to the original network.

You also have the option of the network codes too, these are anything around the £15 - £20 range and you need to contact the original network for these.

However, you dont need to unlock the handset if you are going from Voda contract to Voda PAYG. Only if you wish to use another network will it need unlocking.

Yer, the K800i has some sort of security barrier that I heard.

I heard it's hard but if you have the equipment then head over to digital forums as their are phone experts:

1:Full & permanent unlock - still quite dear if unlocked via server.
2: Flash patch unlock - the cheaper of the 2 options. However if the handset is flashed again it will be locked back to the original network.

You also have the option of the network codes too, these are anything around the £15 - £20 range and you need to contact the original network for these.

However, you dont need to unlock the handset if you are going from Voda contract to Voda PAYG. Only if you wish to use another network will it need unlocking.

I've done quite a bit of research. You need to be able to bypass the DB2020 security shizz, which I've done. It WAS an orange phone, and I am on Vofafone contract.

You flash the phone with a generic firmware, and then patch that firmware to unlock it.

Thanks

j03

Back
Top Bottom