Unknown Creatures.

I just looked at the forum rules, there is no rule stating that religious discussions are not allowed.

Arguing is, and all the years I've been here every Religious thread has not turned out good. If kept civil, It will remain open. However religion is usually a topic that can not be kept civil, at least on CF.

True, I'm not disagreeing with you there. It's just that I didn't see an actual rule about it. I'll stop there, I don't want to throw this too far off topic.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this before I saw the posts above about not getting off topic. That said, I'm perfectly happy to debate about religion any time - obviously as long as it's civil.

Taking this bit by bit:

Can you prove that "god" actually created people? We have physical evidence of fossils that prove the evolution of humans.
That's actually quite a loose definition of proof - it's still a theory, just a widely accepted one (a bit like the big bang theory for instance.) Evolution or no evolution though - how does that prove or disprove God created everything? I know of many that hold the view that God has created us through evolution, and that's a perfectly legitimate argument.

We have writings dating back thousands of years describing people who were different back then.
...and one of those writings is scripture itself - at least the old testament.

I find the big bang theory hard to believe, but I can't see a person floating in deep space just deciding to create everything. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. So, where did he get all of that matter from?
If you're dismissing the idea that God created everything on the basis that matter can't be created, then I'm afraid you'd have to dismiss the big bang theory as well! Again, I know of many Christians that believe and accept the big bang theory - heck if God created space itself with a huge explosion that's fine by me!

You wouldn't believe me if I told you I had a crystal ball that told the future without proof, right?
To put things in perspective a bit - imagine the following situation. I invite you round my house for a party, and upon entering you notice a fabulous model of the solar system, intricately designed and set in motion by a bewildering array of mechanics. On seeing this model, you remark "wow! that's an amazing model! Do tell me, who created it?" I simply reply - no-one. It arrived here by pure coincidence, these clumps of metal just fused together at random and came up with this structure!"

...of course, you wouldn't believe me. BUT take a step back for a minute. The universe we're in is ridiculously intricately designed - the chance that it was created to support, sustain and create life for millions of years at random is too small to consider - it's about the same chance of a tornado going through a scrapheap and turning out a jetfighter.

That, to me, just doesn't add up - and is one example of science not making too much sense.

This is actually the closest thing to a legitimate discussion that wouldn't result to murder if our members found each other. Can you prove that "god" actually created people? We have physical evidence of fossils that prove the evolution of humans. We have writings dating back thousands of years describing people who were different back then. I find the big bang theory hard to believe, but I can't see a person floating in deep space just deciding to create everything. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. So, where did he get all of that matter from? If you want to have an intellectual argument, you need to come up with better stuff than "god" started it all. You wouldn't believe me if I told you I had a crystal ball that told the future without proof, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4&feature=player_embedded

and if you don't feel like watching the video

lammmm1.jpg

and if you don't know what laminin is, it's what holds our bodies together...

Yeah, our police officer friend shut down my thread when no one was targeted specifically and it was getting good! lol

like Sensei has said.

but PLEASE dont get my topic locked, id be rather unhappy.

And you got some good points there Berry ;)

and to be completely honest with everyone, i am not here to debunk religions or convert people to be atheist or agnostic.

I am here to improve the world we live in and try to take human technology a few steps further before my time on this little planet is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4&feature=player_embedded

and if you don't feel like watching the video

and if you don't know what laminin is, it's what holds our bodies together...

no offense Fanatic,I know what Laminins are, but i find it a bit hard to take anything scientifically sincere from a person preaching.

and lamnin dosnt look like the cross, its atomic material it is made of determine the shape of molecules.
the top picture you posted almost looks like the Eye of Raw.

This is actually the closest thing to a legitimate discussion that wouldn't result to murder if our members found each other. Can you prove that "god" actually created people? We have physical evidence of fossils that prove the evolution of humans. We have writings dating back thousands of years describing people who were different back then. I find the big bang theory hard to believe, but I can't see a person floating in deep space just deciding to create everything. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. So, where did he get all of that matter from? If you want to have an intellectual argument, you need to come up with better stuff than "god" started it all. You wouldn't believe me if I told you I had a crystal ball that told the future without proof, right?

u say urself matter can not be created then out of curiosity where did it come from then nothing is here{nothing litterally}if its not created so plz explain a little better

look up mexico city UFO sightings.[/QUOTE]
ufo= unidentified flying object unidentified means they have no idea what they saw in turn thats not proof ne ways i said earlier thats probably government projects they dont want us to know about if we could go to a different galaxy maybe we would find what you call aliens but then wouldnt we be the aliens?

They have found microscopic creatures in space. Where is proof of an all-knowing being in the sky working some magic?

It takes a lot of ignorance to believe in something blindly. Why are the people that deem "god" was talking to them sent to a mental asylum or sentenced mental help?

blindly rohan? whens the last time u went to space and seen an microscopic creature?
people have also went to asylums for and been deemed crazy for thinking the world was round einstien was deemed crazy

matter can not be created nor destroyed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy

its a law of physics

99.99% of all matter in the universe is within the stars, and the other .001% is in the planets, asteroids, comets, gases ect

where did it come from?

by the way glad to see you on sniper

the matter in the first place?

major theory is the big bang idea.

other then that, no one knows for sure.
yet

rohan ur only proof u have read same as christians dont rock on someone for doing what u do sniper comes u with all ur answers hes very helpful if u ask me u just blindly make remarks next time think a little harder this is supposed to be informational
you dont understand christianity that fine but ignorance is bliss my friend theres plenty going around where would u be if all your facts were proved wronge the world is round but everyone knew for a fact it was flat think about it do we really know what is really going on
do we have control
where will the world be in 5 years do we know
are we comforted by the feeling of knowing yes
but we are still learning my friend so lets just pray(wink)ur right ok

the matter in the first place?

major theory is the big bang idea.

other then that, no one knows for sure.
yet

big bang was what again? whatever it was that happend do to another force correct nothing happens for no reason right

no one can prove gods existence eighther so they are pretty much evenly matched as theorys in a way right?

i really like ur answers sniper you could definetly do this for a living

Back
Top Bottom