Top guitarist of all time?

I think to try and state that their is one "greatest" guitarist is something that can't be done. There is such a wide variety of styles, techniques, and types of music, that to compare all these different guitarist is like trying to compare apples and oranges. Now if you were to break them into their genres of music, and compare them with other players of the same style, that could be done.

It saddens me that you would leave Diamond (Dimebag) Darrell off of this list.

Most of those are indeed amazing guitarists, but as far as the whole metallica guys are concerned, Hammett didn't do much other than play. Mustaine and Hetfield came up with some amazing shit.

I think to try and state that their is one "greatest" guitarist is something that can't be done. There is such a wide variety of styles, techniques, and types of music, that to compare all these different guitarist is like trying to compare apples and oranges. Now if you were to break them into their genres of music, and compare them with other players of the same style, that could be done.
amen.

kirk hammet isn't anything special, and neither is slash, but i like em both. they've got their own styles, but they only play pentatonic scales over and over and they should change stuff around sometimes.

and trivium nate, matt heafy doesn't even come close to best.

I Dont think there #1,There just my favourite :D

Back
Top Bottom