Tires!

Indigo

Fully Optimized
I'm shopping for new tires for my 04 Sorento. I have some Yokos on it, and they have been ok, but I'm always up for trying another brand if they'll perform better.

Anyone have any recommendations for tires that are good in the snow & ice?

My Tire Size is 245/70R16 if you need it.

I'm not too sure what to get, and want to avoid "all weather" tires as they rarely do well on snow. Where I live there's also some mud, but nothing tossing it in 4x4 won't fix.

I have LeMans Pathmaker A/Ts on my truck. They do great in all-weather conditions, but they aren't classified at all-weather. Even worn pretty bad, these tired do decent in rain and snow. They are also nice for some off-road. They are light truck tires, so they should be compatible with an SUV, too. Specs: http://www.experttire.com/catalog/product.action?id=64167

If you don't want to go that route, look at Bridgestone or Firestone. Those two brands are very reliable, I've had both in my lifetime, and haven't failed me. Good for just about anything.

You could get a set of snow tires as well as regular. For snow tires you want something skinny. Ice is a whole other story though, haha.

I have General Grabber AT2. They do fairly well, look cool, and are fairly cheap. Pretty much the same as BFG All Terrains.

Money is tight, so for now, gotta do one set.

Someone had also suggested the BLIZZAK DM-V1's to me as well. Any thoughts?

I have General Grabber AT2. They do fairly well, look cool, and are fairly cheap. Pretty much the same as BFG All Terrains.

anywhere online cheep to get these for an 04 F150?
I BELIEVE the tire size is 275/70/r18

i almost thought about making a Tire Thread myself lol.

anywhere online cheep to get these for an 04 F150?
I BELIEVE the tire size is 275/70/r18

i almost thought about making a Tire Thread myself lol.
Check Tirerack, that's where I bought mine for my ranger at $75 a piece. Now they are $95 a piece though.

Blizzaks are good snow tires, but I'm not sure what the complications are with running snow tires all year round. I would imagine they wear a lot faster with a softer compound.

I Cant really make any recomendations but it would avoid Pirelli Scorpions if you can! I Currently have them on my car, as soon as it rains they just dont grip at all.

+1

Check Tirerack, that's where I bought mine for my ranger at $75 a piece. Now they are $95 a piece though.

Blizzaks are good snow tires, but I'm not sure what the complications are with running snow tires all year round. I would imagine they wear a lot faster with a softer compound.

so do u run them all year?
Alot of road noise?
Worsen your gas milage?
Last long?
lol...

Back
Top Bottom