Tax question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm currently doing taxes for my parents, and I have a question about the qualifying child. One of the requirements is "Under age 24 at the end of 2010, a student (check paragraph below), and younger than you (or your spouse, if filing jointly)"

"A student is a child who during any part of 5 calendar months of 2010 was enrolled as a full-time student at a school, or took a full-time, on-farm training course given by a school or a state, county, or local government agency. A school includes a technical, trade, or mechanical school. It does not include an on-the-job training course, correspondence school, or school offering courses only through the Internet."

The only time I was a full time student at my college were during the spring 2010 semester that goes from mid January to early May. That would be 5 months. However, since it was from mid January to early May, its only about 4 months that I was actually in school. Would I fit in this?

Any part of 5 calender months. Yes, the second part of january and first part of may. You were still a dependent.

Back
Top Bottom