Survey for psychology class

Spec

Fully Optimized
So i have to ask 5 males this question and 5 femals..so answer your best please.

Imagine a current, past, or desired relationship, and think about what would be more distressing: either imagining this person falling in love with someone else (in which there is no physical relationship), or imagining this person having sexual intercourse with someone else (in which there is no emotional attachment). Out of this, which would you rather have, Explain.

and

List five important traits you find in a mate. And why

thanks all

I say intercourse and here is why. Sure that is horrible and is really hard to forgive, but you can forgive and move on with your lives. Sure the scars will still be there, but you will still be with the one you want.

1. Personality
2. Caringness
3. Smart
4. Funny
5. Looks :p

I don't mind not having a physical relationship... If that's all there is, he/she might as well be a prostitute.

I would find an emotional attachment to a different person quite a bit more hurtful. I recently went through a very rough breakup. My ex-girlfriend developed feelings for another guy.

I descended into a state of lethargy, slowly followed by a period of self destruction. Ended up in the hospital from drinking a few times, shaved my head... it was an absolute mess.

I do not feel as if sexual relations are nearly as telling as emotional ones. If she simply had sex with some dude, I'd get over it; however, the fact that she actually began loving someone else more than me... well, it was almost unbearable. Needless to say, I would end the relationship if either was the case.

As for the five traits...

1. Sense of humor.
2. Good looks.
3. Charm.
4. Intelligence.
5. A hefty trust fund.

I know some of those are shallow, but I am honestly trying to answer as truthfully as I can.

So i have to ask 5 males this question and 5 femals..so answer your best please.

Imagine a current, past, or desired relationship, and think about what would be more distressing: either imagining this person falling in love with someone else (in which there is no physical relationship), or imagining this person having sexual intercourse with someone else (in which there is no emotional attachment). Out of this, which would you rather have, Explain.

and

List five important traits you find in a mate. And why

thanks all

The person falling in love by a long shot. Sex is sex, we all have desires to have it and it's not entirely dependant on emotions. Relationships are based around emotion, f*ck buddies are based around sex :)

Five traits are

-Successful, not living off of welfare wasting there time away
-Honesty
-Very attractive
-Laid back
-Non controlling

I think I would rather have her have a very emotional connection with a guy. I mean I want to not think of her doing either.. really.. But I would rather think of her in a emotional relationship because Sex doesn't make you happy in the long run. and I would like her to be happy even though it may and will not be with me.

1. Smart. Most important. Can't have a conversation.. I'm not interested..
2. Is she funny? I am mostly Irish and I have a very strong humor.
3. Can I respect her? Does she or can she respect me?
4. Am I attracted to her looks? Because whether you say it or not.. They count..
5. God. Does she believe? What does believe? Does it contradict mine?

Alright thanks alot guys, im starting my writing process now. If you have any siblings that are female can you ask them the question too? Thanks.

I agree with Thelis. An emotional attachment to another person would be quite more hurtful.

1. Love me for who I am.
2. Light-hearted, good sense of humor.
3. Honesty and loyalty.
4. Looks
5. Sense of ambition; success.

I would have to say falling in love without a physical relationship would be more hurtful. That would mean your ex-partner likes someone else but still has feelings for you. Why else wouldn't there be a physical relationship except for the obvious reasons? I'm talking about a disease. Something has to be holding them back.

I really don't have any traits I look for specifically. I usually give every girl a chance as long as we are compatible. If I had to choose 5...

1) Sense of humor
2) Hard working
3) Intellectual
4) Family oriented
5) Caring

I don't know if you meant physical or mental traits. I just chose mental.

Back
Top Bottom