Student for Work Placement!

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
Ok, well i got a memo on my desk a few weeks ago telling me i was gonna have a student to supervise for work placement one day a week for 6 weeks.

well today the student arrived and i took him along to a few meetings and what not just so he could see how we conduct meetings and change requests etc etc.

He kept blabbing on about how extensive his knowledge was in networking etc etc it was getting pretty annoying but i didnt say anything to him...

i took him into the server rooms just to show him around the place and then he was like oh i could set this up a whole lot better, which im sure he could because the set up at work is pretty shocking to say the least!

i turned my back for 1 second while we were in the server rooms, and he decided in fact he was going to change the set up and he began shutting down the servers!! i was in shock! all the servers went down because of this punk who thinks he is an IT god! i asked him to leave and he went bonkers! what an idiot!! he came and apologised to me later, and i was like yea whatever, then he started begging me for a job!! like what the??! my manager came by and told him he didnt have to come back for the rest of his work placement and that he need not apply for a job in future at canon! LOL

yea anyways i thought ide share this story with you! annoying kids who think they know everything about IT in the industry are funny! IT at home and IT in the industry are 2 totally different things!

Natalya

Yeah pulling a stunt like that is not going to get a person very far in the workforce.

ppppffftttt!! bbbhahaha ... what an imbusol. .. thanks for the laugh natalya.

That kid is so full of himself. It is obvious that he would never work for that company again. Insubordinate, arrogant, cocky, selfish, show off, and just plain rude.

ROFL haha yeah alot of people in the computer industry (especially with networking) seem to be very cocky and arrogant... it gets on my nerves, they want that feeling of god.

quick question natalya... did he not think that shutting down servers even for an hour could cost the company sever hundred thousand or a million dollars? i mean jeeze, i live in the smallest city (it seams like) in the world, and this small company they have an IT center that has terminals in CHINA and ENGLAND, the guy that was giving me a tour said that they run scenarios about what to do if they were to have problem because if the servers were to go down even for an hour, it could cost the company over a $1,000,000. and that is a small company compared to CANON!

What a second, aren't you like 18 or something? :confused: Sorry just wondering...

Anywho, I'd say you had one heck of a dude on your hands. Maybe he was just trying to impress the higher ups? In either case, why in the world did he shut the damn things off! What a dipstick! :D

JustinMcG67 said:
What a second, aren't you like 18 or something? :confused: Sorry just wondering...

Anywho, I'd say you had one heck of a dude on your hands. Maybe he was just trying to impress the higher ups? In either case, why in the world did he shut the damn things off! What a dipstick! :D

yeap i am 18, and i am VERY lucky with how i got my job! i guess its not what you know, its who you know!

and well he obviously had no idea how much it would cost if he shut down the servers.. he is such a goose! but all the big fellas up the top that we never see where not happy jan LOL

First off, you never EVER shut down servers like that. You need to notify workers. Right there, here's a mistake. Second, you CANNOT touch setups without room to move them. You also CANNOT do it yourself...if you do, an accident is quick done.

You know, I did Work Study and one guy told me to come with him a day and I well learned how he did it. Tell the whole company to shut down. Plus, TIME = MONEY in a business. You have to get going!

I'm 16 and in the whole world, when I can do something better, I'd just say: This can be better placed, but this is none of my business, so let's not start something. OR something like: Could be better installed, but if you want, I could DRAW one for you...

Back
Top Bottom