...STILL want Vista?? ...hmm, take a look.

I'm probably not going to get vista. It's gonna hog so much resources.... sure it's nice to look at but what am I really going to gain by getting it? It's probably going to have the same security flaws that windows has always had, it's still going to be a target for viruses, adware, spyware, trojans and all that so I don't see a reason for me to upgrade. I'm fine with XP and I'm planning on getting a mac in the future anyways because they don't have all the threats that windows does. I personally see vista as a waste of money because (as some others have said) you can just get windowblinds or other software to emulate it. You can get the gadgets by getting yahoo widget engine and then you're pretty much set. I think vista is more eye candy than anything else but that's just my opinion...

I'm probably not going to get Vista either, I mean, I'm fine with Windows XP too. Vista is going to hog my resources more than ever, and its bad enough running Windows XP now, let alone Vista... I only have 512MB of RAM, which needs to be upgraded to enjoy the full contents of Vista, I only have a 1.7GHz processor, which... well, just plain sucks and I agree that Vista is only eye candy, altough there are a couple more features that have been implented... its more cosmetic.

When Windows XP becomes unsupported, which could be years and years from now... hopefully around 8 years since release or something (or longer) like Windows 98, I guess I will be forced to make an upgrade to Vista... but by then there will be more operating systems released and Vista will be old. :p

When I have a new machine, I will most likely use it, although, Im liking Server 2003 at the moment.

Eh, worth a chuckle. Vista should fix all of WinXP's flaws and then some. If they don't, MS is going to be losing a lot of customers. They need to pull out a solid product.

PerfectSK said:
Eh, worth a chuckle. Vista should fix all of WinXP's flaws and then some. If they don't, MS is going to be losing a lot of customers. They need to pull out a solid product.
Nicely said! I agree with that 100% if vista has as many flaws as XP, microsoft could lose alot of customers. With Mac and Intel joining forces, mac could be the next microsoft if vista is as flawed as XP. Mac lets you run windows and mac on the same machine which some people might do if vista is a flop. I can see people running to mac because of the security. But then again, I hope vista is better than XP even though I don't think i'll be leaving XP in the dust for awhile.

PerfectSK said:
Its Microsoft... I guess they do what they can, every product has bugs... and virus makers are attracted to Windows more than Mac because Windows is used more...

:( :confused:

Nik00117 said:
LINUX
Lame
Infected
Non-compitable
Unreaiable
Xtermely picky

Frankly I fail to see why poeple diss XP so much if you think about it XP is pretty much farily easy to use it doesn't take a computer expert to run it. Run it, follow insutrctions and proof it does most of the work for you.

Linux however isn't so. ANd linux is also open to virues, adware, spyware etc. MAC well heh unles you enjoy those 3 games Apple offers have fun.

I dont see why people diss XP either, I mean its just another operating system and I dont find any thing wrong with it at all Except hte ugly blue theme lol(SWitches to royale)
As for linux its ok A little hard to get used to at first but ehits some thing other than windows

I agree, Nate... and I also agree with the "Windows XP Style" theme being ... blah.

I downloaded Royale from SoftPedia.com lol... :D

MikeReiner said:
To be honest, these are down right stupid and annoying. I don't even find them funny. Sure, windows gets infected and can have all those issues at some point, but that picture tries to say that this is all vista is about, like there is no way to avoid it. People say that about all versions of windows all the time, yet here I am, on XP, having no problems. Perhaps i'm careful with what I do? with where I go? and what I use?

I blame most infected computers on the user, RARELY do I ever see it as not being their fault.
I think your right it is the users fault most of the times I'm running XP and have no problems , but I still find things like this pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom