Steam hacked!

allenn812

Daemon Poster
From Toms Hardware:

Chicago (IL) - A hacker claims to have gotten hold of a mountain of sensitive data from software company Valve, including credit card information from users who have purchased content from its digital distribution system Steam.

An online user by the pseudonym MaddoxX has posted a message on an anti-Valve site with pictures of what he claims are internal Valve files, including the company's balance sheet and customer transaction data.

When concerned users began talking about the reported hack on Valve's official message boards, the conversations were deleted. Valve has not yet made an official statement about the events, which began to unfold yesterday afternoon.

MaddoxX's online profile says he is a 22-year-old man from Russia. In his original posting, MaddoxX writes, "Woohoo VALVe you can see those creditcards...on the internet anytime soon. just need to finish the excel files." Moreover, he seems to be holding the sensitive data hostage and asking for some kind of ransom. Calling out Valve, he says, "I prefer you come with something good unless you want me to expose ALL of the customers [and] their information."

If the hack is serious, Valve is legally obligated to inform its customers in some states.

i remember when they were hacked before and they got the FBI into it. this russian guy is in for a treat man :D

Russians are one of the best hackers in the world, if anyone could of done it its the Russians. The Most notorious hacking attack was done by the Russian some time ago, I think he hacked into a Swiss bank and transfer a large amount of money...

i remember when they were hacked before and they got the FBI into it. this russian guy is in for a treat man :D

Russian hackers are among the best in the world. I'm pretty sure this guy did it for a reason, not because he's bored or anything.

Russian hackers are among the best in the world. I'm pretty sure this guy did it for a reason, not because he's bored or anything.

yeah i know there good hackers, they have nothing else to do lol. that and their freaking smart *cough* i'm part russian *cough*:p

yeah i know there good hackers, they have nothing else to do lol. that and their freaking smart *cough* i'm part russian *cough*:p

are u like sick? why so much Coughing, i mean if u going to say that u Russian, say it out loud, be proud of ur Heritage.

lol donk take it personal, im just playing :D

im RUSSIAN too :D

Back
Top Bottom