Starting a Business. I have a question.

LastMaster

Baseband Member
Hey,

I've been trying to start a business, on a slow pace, not too fast, so that I can get good experience. I believe I have a good business plan, and I already have alot of customers from home.

So, here's my dillema, to actually service a person's pc, not a friends, or a friend of a friends that won't sue me for damages or w/e, i heard you need some sort of a General Liability Insurance.

Wether it be General Liability Insurance, which i can't afford. OR. A Liability Waiver.

However, im being told that you need to have it checked out by an attorney or a bank to make it a full fledged liability waiver, otherwise they can still sue you.

Anybody in a similar situation, or similar past troubles? I need some guidance here, im trying to start off the right foot. And i don't wan't to be laibable for anything.

you have the insurance for when they sue you, so if you break things then your insurance pays out instead of you.

and if you're going to peoples houses you'll need Liability insurance, not a waiver.

If you really want to start off on the right foot I suggest getting advice from a genuine legal representative instead of from a forum to be certain.

you have the insurance for when they sue you, so if you break things then your insurance pays out instead of you.

and if you're going to peoples houses you'll need Liability insurance, not a waiver.

I won't be going to people's houses, but I will be working from 1 location.

Lowndsey said:
If you really want to start off on the right foot I suggest getting advice from a genuine legal representative instead of from a forum to be certain.

Yea, I appreciate the advice, I really do. And I will, thats for certain.

But reason im asking is just to be pre-informed i guess. Its becuase, I basicly have found a few "Laiblity Waivers" for computer repair shops, and that seems like my best bet. I will be getting Laibility Insurance. But later on, for the moment, i need something like that.

Somethign I can have em sign, that says, you can't sue me. As dumb as it sounds, im more worried about con-artists then I am about me messing up someone's computer.

Back
Top Bottom