Speeeeed. My new toy.

superman22x

Golden Master
1997 Arctic Cat ZR440 Snow Pro. 3900 miles on the chassis... 22 on a fresh rebuilt engine. Has a clutch kit too (engages around 4800RPM). Looking forward to SNOW!

100_0454.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0452.jpg

A good Brain Bucket of course.

100_0451.jpg

Very nice - always tempted to get one here in the UK for when it does snow, and take it around everywhere proving people that say you can't get anywhere wrong!

Very nice - always tempted to get one here in the UK for when it does snow, and take it around everywhere proving people that say you can't get anywhere wrong!
You people in the UK are silly. You get a few inches of snow and the country shuts down! haha, we get get a few inches... every day. Average 200+ inches a year. They are fun though, but if you only get a little snow, you'll be waiting all year to ride and be unsatisfied, haha. This one I have is only a 440cc, but it's a race sled, revs to around 9k RPM and makes I think 97hp. It goes around 90mph.

You people in the UK are silly. You get a few inches of snow and the country shuts down!
I don't - unless there's a foot or more and my car can't move in it, I'm out in it! I agree though way too many people see a mm of snow and say they're snowed in...

You people in the UK are silly. You get a few inches of snow and the country shuts down!

True, every year all you hear is the media going over the top about and the government shitting there selves when there is barely any snow!!

Life didn't stop for me when it snowed last year.

Yes, I stayed at home, but I still worked.
there's a few things to remember though, firstly, we do get a different kind of snow, we never get soft or powdery snow, we pretty much only ever get a wet icy sludge.
secondly, we only get that for a few days each year, so nobody is used to it, nobody has practice driving in it, and pretty much nobodies car is suited to driving in it. (with appropriate tyres/ride heights/4wheel drive etc.)

if we had snow all year, we'd get used to it. we'd drive in it and life would go on, since it's more of an adverse condition, it's treated as such... I don't see the problem with that.

in the more northern parts (e.g highlands) it snows a lot more, and people are more suited and adapted to it with appropriate skills and vehicles to cope.

Well - when we get lots of snow I agree, it's an adverse condition here and if there's 2 foot outside I physically haven't got the resources to get my vehicle moving anywhere!

I was more referring to a light dusting that people used as an excuse for a "snow day" and thus refused to step outside...

Excuses excuses... We get 20 feet and I manage to get my 2wd Ford Ranger out. Just gotta learn how to handle it.

And Root, we get plenty of the slushy snow too. Around November/October, and tons in March/April. January and February is when it's cold. All but the main roads have a thick layer of snow on them. I didn't see the asphalt of the road by my house for 3 months straight last winter, haha.

I'm just teasing. I trade my Ranger for my Dad's subaru for January and February. I even managed to get that stuck in my driveway.

I can use this sled as transportation if I want now, haha. No speed limits on the trails either, except at night. I think it's a 60mph speed limit at night.

Excuses excuses... We get 20 feet and I manage to get my 2wd Ford Ranger out. Just gotta learn how to handle it.
I was about to say is that exaggerating somewhat then saw the rest of your post - regardless, I drive an Almera which really won't handle that much snow with summer tyres however you drive it!

We do get 20 feet in total accumulation sometimes. But it doesn't stack up that high, it compacts with the weight. The snow pile we had in front of our house just from shoveling out 3 parking spots, had enough snow the you could sit on top of the pile and look in the second floor window. Which is probably 15 feet off the ground...

Back
Top Bottom