Spam Attack!

oskar1

Beta member
Any advice anyone?

I have a website which has links on a large number of other websites. In the last couple of days I´ve had a couple of spam attacks with over 8, 000 or so spam emails coming into my account.

During the second of these, my email service provider, Online Institute, shut down my account saying "if we would not have turned it off temporarily it would have crashed the entire server which would have caused hundreds of users on the shared server to be without service."

It´s since been turned back on again, but OLI are saying "however
if another major spam attack happens we will need to migrate you to a
backup server until the resolution is found."

They also say "We are a shared server provider and have a limit of how many emails that can be processed before it causes the server to spike or crash. There are other providers with larger servers, one with whom we have worked for years is www.GoDaddy.com, their rates are also lower than ours. You may want to consider migrating to such a provider before another incident occurs, their servers are better equipped to handle accounts that receive this much spam."

I used to use GoDaddy, but found that a few emails were being returned to the sender, so changed.

Can anyone recommend a suitable server for my situation? I don´t use Outlook Express.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The email address is used on various forms of advertising for the website other than on the internet. It is also in the possession of many potential and past clients who may wish to use the business again. A new email address would mean a huge retrograde step.

Back
Top Bottom