So I'm thinking of a tattoo

Half Evil

Golden Master
So here it goes. I decided I am going to do something that relates to me personally that will never change. Ive narrowed it down to heritage and zodiak sign.

Well i'm 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 German and 1/2 Random European stuff. But I think I am more Norwegian that my parents think (I think in the have 1/2 mutt part of me there is more Norwegian then then they think). And I was born Nov. 10 so I'm a Scorpio.

Id like to get a Norse tattoo because they're are some very cool symbols. Start here:
http://tribal-celtic-tattoos.stores.yahoo.net/viwata.html

And lets face it..... scorpio is the coolest zodiak sign :p so I have found a few very cool Scorpion tattoos one of which being:

scorpion-tattoo-5.jpg

Whatever tattoo I get I have pretty much decided on my right calf. My dad is an old surf bum (lol) and he has the hang 10 feet wrapped around his calf and I think its awesome. Id like to get something in the same area, I think its a great place for a tattoo. I dont necessarily want it run around though. Id like it to be vertical.

As for the Celtic type stuff, I really like the Norse tree of life. Not sure how much of a leg tattoo this is though.

norsktreeoflife.jpg

The only advise I got is to get something that means something to you.
Do not get something "because you like it", or "because it looks cool"..
Don't get names unless their your kids, mom, father... etc.. Blood relative..

Get the tattoo where if you had to, you could easily cover it.
You would want to do this because of.. Formal occasions, jobs.. possible more.

As for the actual design picking, once you have a general category of what you want..Search high and low for a long time. Pick out the ones you like and save the image. Once you find literally hundreds.. slim down the list.
Keep looking over the list... Think about it.. If you get sick of looking at these images.. Maybe you should not be putting one permanently on your skin huh? lol..
The ones you get sick of or after a while find boring.. Get rid of.

The only advise I got is to get something that means something to you.
Do not get something "because you like it", or "because it looks cool"..
Don't get names unless their your kids, mom, father... etc.. Blood relative..

Get the tattoo where if you had to, you could easily cover it.
You would want to do this because of.. Formal occasions, jobs.. possible more.

As for the actual design picking, once you have a general category of what you want..Search high and low for a long time. Pick out the ones you like and save the image. Once you find literally hundreds.. slim down the list.
Keep looking over the list... Think about it.. If you get sick of looking at these images.. Maybe you should not be putting one permanently on your skin huh? lol..
The ones you get sick of or after a while find boring.. Get rid of.

pretty much the best advise anyone could offer on the topic. +1 :)

Celtic FTW...

I love celtic knotwork I got a celtic cross on my back and am going to be adding to it as soon as newegg stops giving such great deals on stuff I prolly dont need. :D:D

Oh yeah and the diamond ring I just bought my wife for our anniversary prolly didnt help much either...:D:D

with the scorpion, why would you want a tattoo that someone else already has?

with the scorpion, why would you want a tattoo that someone else already has?

I was thinking the same thing but if its on the intranetz your prolly not going to run into that person.

But It is always nice to get a custom tattoo drawn up but its gonna cost extra unless you, or someone you know is an artist. Not many tattoo artists are going to draw you up something for free. But there always some though. Its worth a shot to ask. But a lot of people who are great artists can draw just about anything but drawing knotwork like that isn't always as easy as a normal picture to get right.

...Make sure its for an extremely personal reason. Not because someone else would like it.

In my personal experience and from what I've noticed... People that are more in tune with themselves and their frame of consciousness are muuuuch less likely to regret a tattoo in any way at all.

I believe you asking for this advice from a computer forum, completely sh*ts on the purpose of the tattoo. HAHA, go have a snowcone.

;: But seriously, you should understand the question before you ask for the answer.

Tattoos look great when you're 80, you know.

What a jackass remark. Like someone's personal tattoo really has to be asthetically pleasing to you. Some random. No. You get one body (that you know of), f*ck with it and make it PERSONAL. Its just adding a scar to your skin from an event that you will always remember and take to the grave.

But good job trying to be an ass to this guy :)

Back
Top Bottom