so, IT CAME!

Congrats man! That thing looks sweet!

I don't know how everyone else feel, by the best moment for me is when I get home from work and my new vid card or some other high end component is waiting for me. The process of opening the UPS/Fedex box is more pleasing to me then putting the actual card inside the PC :) lol ya I know it sounds weird.

Once again congrats m8!

I do get what you mean actually.

Did you change the Fan Speed on the Card yet or is the automatic fan speed controller working now?

I love this card as well, and its quite Overclockable as well. I have mine stable at max CCC clocks. That's 790Mhz Core and 1100Mhz Quad Data Rate GDDR5 Memory(Effective 4400Mh) :)

I hate you now. Actually, now I wanna build myself a nice, new, up to date computer.

Reusing all but PSU (underpowered) mobo, CPU, ram, and GPU puts me at a pretty good standpoint cost wise.

I hate you now. Actually, now I wanna build myself a nice, new, up to date computer.

Reusing all but PSU (underpowered) mobo, CPU, ram, and GPU puts me at a pretty good standpoint cost wise.

:D. lol, yea i got that a lot from the guys at work. working is what finally allowed me to be up to date. ive always had to skimp on my computers, hell my first custom didnt even have a side to it... :p ive come a long way.

ANYWAY! test results are in. i think they are a bit too low, somethin must be wrong. but anyway, these test were done with default settings to allow for fair comparison for those who dont buy 3dmark. i didnt, but i have the full version :p.

3DMark06 Overall: 14542

SM2.0: 6016
HDR/SM3.0: 7501
CPU Score: 3251

obviously, my cpu is killing it. but if you add that in, it isnt a quad core so what do you expect. for gaming it beats a quad, im gonna go run the new vantage and see what i get.

Why don't you run Vantage? It's a lot more accurate than .06.

And the default score is always too CPU dependant be because it's run at a lower resolution (1280x1024).

EDIT: Crysis FPS Fixed
EDIT:
3DMark06 Overall: 14542
SM2.0: 6016
HDR/SM3.0: 7501
CPU Score: 3251

the 4870 is finally in the house! :D i havent gotten 3dmark06 to cooperate, it'll run the tests but when i try to view my scores online it crashes for w/e reason. anyway, to give you an idea this thing runs COD4 maxed with 4X AA @ 1440x900 at 200+ FPS. thats with smoke edge smoothing off, that kills performance and doesnt make much difference. but anyway, that gives you an idea of the power this thing has. my 8800 played COD4 maxed without AA and the smoke crap at 70-100 FPS, so this thing is a MAJOR improvement.

and the best part. crysis now plays on high settings at 40-50 FPS and on very high settings at 30-40 FPS at 1440x900. finally crysis is playable!

what was your score prior to this card?

Back
Top Bottom